Resident Kadhi Job, Legal Jobs 2021,
(Job Grade M),
Job Reference Number: V/No. 5/2020,
Number of Posts: Fifteen (15),
Terms of Service: Permanent,
Gross Salary Scale: Kshs. 123,780 – 190,000 p.m.
The job holder is required to preside over Resident Kadhi’s Court in any part of Kenya with jurisdiction as stipulated in various statutes, and carry out a wide range of administrative functions for those heading stations
Reports to respective Head of Station/Unit
Area of Deployment:
The successful candidates will be posted to any court station in the country.
Specific duties will include: –
- Arbitration of disputes on inheritance, marriage and divorce in Muslim families;
- Solemnizing and registering Muslim marriages;
- Supervising pronunciation of Muslim divorces and registering them;
- Signing of affidavits, declarations and agreements;
- Translating Arabic related documents;
- Supervising the registries under him in consultation with the Magistrate in-charge; and
- Keeping records of all arbitrations and submitting returns of registered marriages and divorces to the Chief Kadhi.
For appointment to the position of Resident Magistrate, an applicant must be in possession of the following minimum qualifications: –
- A degree in Islamic Law or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution;
- Profess the Islamic faith;
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, Kiswahili and Arabic;
- Good conduct in accordance with the Islamic faith; and
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Must not have any pending complaints with any Complaints Commission, the Disciplinary Committee or adverse report from current and previous employer(s);
- Must possess the qualifications set out in Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Three (3) years relevant experience in Islamic Law relating to personal status, marriage, divorce and inheritance in accordance with the Kadhis Courts Act, Cap. 11 of the Laws of Kenya, and Mohammedan Marriages and Divorces Registration Act, Cap.155 Laws of Kenya; administration of oaths and statutory declarations; preparation, scrutiny and certification of documents and translation of Arabic related documents
Job Core Competencies
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Excellent Conceptual & Analytical Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Report Writing Skills
- Research Skills
- High attention to detail
- Sound independent judgement
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal: https://www.jsc.go.ke/index.php/careers/. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: –
- A letter of application;
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae, to include background information such as past employment record (if any), community service, financial discipline, pro bono activity (if any), past and present and legal/professional engagement;
- Names of three (3) professional references and two (2) character references who can verify and comment about the applicant’s past and present employment or engagement;
- Certified copy of testimonials, professional certificates and academic transcripts;
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs and
- Three (3) samples of any professional writings, including but not limited to judgments, advocacy submissions in courts, scholarly writings or any legal publications that the applicant has authored.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority,
- Higher Education Loans Board,
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation,
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission,
- a recognized Credit Reference Bureau, and
- Clearance from relevant professional body.
Applicants are also required to forward one (1) hard copy of the completed Employment Application Form JSC 2 for non –public officers and JSC 2A for Public officers which can be downloaded from www.jsc.go.ke (Downloads) and attach all the documents cited in the item No. (1 a to f) above. Job Reference number and title should be indicated on the envelope and sent to:
TO: THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 – 00100 NAIROBI Telephone: +254 20-2739180.
E-mail: [email protected]
Commission Secretariat: Podium Floor, Reinsurance Plaza, Taifa Road,
- The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 17TH FEBRUARY, 2021 AT 5.00PM.
- Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.