The Regional Route To Market manager is tasked to define regional route to market strategy and deploy an execution roadmap that offers transformational outlet coverage with a high-performance Retail and Wholesale Sales teams including distributors, Wholesalers and 3rd party partners management.
- HOD’s, GM, CEO, MD, staff
- Agencies, Customers, Distributors
1. Shared Accountability
- Undertake RTM mapping to ensure effective route coverage through field visits to identify new outlets/ consumer touch points in Red and Blue Ocean markets.
- Drive operational route resourcing agenda with the Team Leaders and distributors to optimise output in individual routes.
- Management of 3rd Party Route To Market partner Rep’s in the assigned region.
- Analyse problem brands/Markets/customers to address the 4 pillars of Route To Market- i.e. Sales Uplifts, Sales Value, Visits & Product Range to ensure optimum availability of our products at the retail and Wholesale levels by establishing corrective actions on each brand, market and customer.
- People Management to drive efficiency and proper application of resources both -Human and assets assigned to the region.
- Supervise and monitor promotions and other BTL activities in the region to ensure we have a consistent demand of our products in the market.
- Strategic planning- short term RTM strategies to counter competition or new competitor brands that may be introduced in the market through excellent market execution.
- Supervision, Coaching and Mentoring Team leaders both internal and external to orient the Team Leaders with skills to lead sub-ordinates/Sales reps and to ensure productivity for the same.
- Ensure appropriate controls and reporting tools by developing leading edge RTM programs, timely reporting on activity monitoring and evaluation
- Liaison with Marketing, Production, Quality and Logistics/Customer Service teams to ensure brand consistency in the regions. Closely work together in strategies that help salespeople
- Ensure each identified outlet is a model outlet for the company by aligning with team to ensure outlets internal and external areas have our brands visibility.
- NPDs RTM execution to align on ground execution through brainstorming on viability, market research feedback and alignment on launch and RTM execution
- Management of our Distributors in the region.
- Stock Management- Min-Max, FIFO
- Achievement of distributor targets/budget in line with the company’s annual plan.
- Adequate storage facility for our stocks
- Work with distributor to develop World Class Warehousing Standards.
- Financial Health check of distributors and engagement on the same
- Distributor RTM- Ensure distributors have routes and DSRs to book orders and deliver along routes.
- Develop and manage incentives for the DSRs.
- DSRs training.
- Systems- Work with distributors to develop systems to improve business trend analysis and reporting.
2. Individual Accountability
- Track team Performance and develop action plans on target achievement gaps for distributors, van sales team and 3rd Party partners.
- Track resources (personnel & assets)
- Identify problem brands, markets, and customers in all regions. Work on corrective action plan for each region.
- Ensure no route deviations by Team Leaders and reps.
- Oversee performance on region’s KPI’s uplift, value, range and visits
- Team motivation.
- Team training and development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Strong understanding of the Sales and Distribution process
- Ability to analyse sales performance metrics
- Good customer experience attitude and negotiation skills
- People management skills
- Degree in Sales and Marketing or equivalent
- Experience in RTM and supervision of a big field sales team
- Experience in managing distributors
- Experience in managing high performance sales team
- Experience in working in an environment that uses Salesforce automation.
- Five years’ experience in FMCG at a middle level manager’s position.
- Strong personality
- High Integrity
- Strong interpersonal relations
- Able to work within tight deadlines
- Ability to manage a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales and Marketing or equivalent
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly send your detailed CV quoting the job title on the email subject “Regional Route To Market manager” to: [email protected] by or before 30th November 2021.