Head of Funding Job, Administration Jobs In Kenya,
The interim Head of Funding will lead the fundraising team to maintain our current portfolio, and ensure our agreed programme plans are supported through resource mobilization and related compliance. With your team, you will.
- Manage a high performing fundraising team and oversee and strengthen current funding operations, building on our existing portfolio of funding, which includes strategic, statutory, and commercial tenders. Make sure funding streams are consistent with Our core values and strategic goals;
- Support active funding partnerships and advance the production of high-quality applications, ensuring effective grant management and contract compliance is taking place;
- Oversee the organization’s funding and prospects pipeline and produce regular data and analysis to aid key decision making.
- You will also be an active member of Our organizational management team and help shape ideas and thinking as the organization embarks on the next phase of its future development and growth, including contributions to emerging shifts in our fundraising strategy.
Indicative responsibilities: –
- Ensure existing funding relationships are positively maintained, and key relationships are effectively managed, undertaking high-level representation when required
- Lead on the preparation of major funding proposals
- Track and report on external fundraising trends and help teams match opportunities with strategic priorities
- Proactively manage the organizational funding pipeline of opportunities and rolling submissions, as a tool for planning and decision-making
- Ensure funding perspectives are integrated into programme-level strategic plans
- Support the organization to realize its income targets for the next financial planning period
- Inspire and manage the fundraising team so that they are motivated, flexible and collaborative in their approach, and are developing professionally
- Cultivate ‘business relationships’ with programme leads and support them in: o acquiring basic fundraising and grant management skills
- understanding and maintaining agreed organizational fundraising standards o determining annual and medium-term funding priorities
- developing ‘project design’ ideas and proposal content
- achieving quality proposal submissions, including sign-off responsibility
- ensuring effective grant management.
- In close collaboration with relevant teams across the organization (such as finance, communications, and programmes), ensure:
- funding procedures and protocols are relevant and user-friendly and are being used
- Our commitment to achieve value for money and effective cost recovery – including through commercial contracting – is embedded
- income is tracked against targets, cash flows and reports on financial risks.
- Support the implementation of the organizational database, and its direct benefits for fundraising.
- Generate fundraising performance data – develop and maintain systems to monitor and check quality assurance, and review and report on internal key performance indicators (KPIs)
Key working relationships
The Head will maintain regular engagement with the senior management team to ensure organisational fundraising, income generation and grant management priorities are being monitored and addressed, while liaising closely with:
- Finance & procurement division
- Communications team
- Key commercial programme partners
Person specification Knowledge, qualifications and experience
- Professional qualification at degree level or equivalent in a related field, with evidence of continuing professional development
- Extensive experience as a leader in a fundraising environment with strong managerial and leadership skills
- Track record of raising both unrestricted and restricted funds, and achieving high-value contracts and grants of seven figures
- Track record of successfully supporting, motivating, mentoring and managing colleagues
- Experience in transforming income performance and developing and delivering on fundraising strategies
- A record in confidently developing networks, building alliances and nurturing ideas and relationships with individuals, new collaborators and funders – including avenues for income generation
- Involvement in at least two of the following income streams: commercial bids, institutional/statutory grants, trusts and foundations or high net worth individuals
- Experience in project design and development
- Experience in planning and managing budgets Skills and attributes
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to lead a team, build effective working relationships, and deal with senior-level contacts, both internally and externally
- Strong organizational, time management and IT skills
- A collaborative team player who builds on colleagues’ knowledge and expertise to develop innovative ideas and positive learning
- A strategic thinker with the ability to spot opportunities, grasp key ideas, generate solutions and operate with initiative, confidence and drive
- Good understanding of communications and an ability to convey the organisation’s mission and added value
- Proven ability in programme and project design, and the translation of complex ideas into fundable proposals
- Good writing skills with attention to detail
- An ability to prioritise and manage a diverse and demanding workload, meet deadlines, and deal with unexpected changes including working extended hours if required
- Excellent written and spoken English (another major international language would be an advantage) Personal qualities
- Commitment to and compliance with Our safeguarding principles
- Commitment to respect and value equality and diversity, and understanding of how this applies to own area of work
- Commitment to one’s own continuing personal and professional development
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly send your detailed CV quoting the job title on the email subject “Head of Funding” to: [email protected] by or before 27th May 2022.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.