Finance Manager Job, Latest Finance Jobs Kenya, Current Accounting Kenyan Vacancies,
The Finance manager is accountable for ensuring the company meets its overall financial goals by establishing and enforcing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. He/she also supports the General Manager in Financial planning and accounting operations. The financial information generated will be used by the investors, auditors, regulatory agencies and other stakeholders as appropriate.
The job holder is the head of the Finance department. He/she will be overall responsible for the timely preparation of management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, support accounts payable function including the payroll, and conducting adhoc financial analysis to support decision making within the company.
The finance manager must be able to deal effectively with finance issues arising from suppliers, government agencies, farmers and any other relevant parties. He/she must be a lead negotiator and possess excellent planning skills to facilitate smooth flow of cash within the company to meet its obligations.
Internal Business Processes
- Provide accurate and comprehensive financial information to the executive management for long term financial strategizing
- Provide in-depth financial analysis and expert financial perspective and opinions, helping to assess risks, analyze efficiency and inform policy decisions made by the executive management.
- Develop financial strategy, including risk minimization plans and opportunity forecasting.
- Research and streamline accounting functions and operations
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Coordinate, direct and review all departmental financial plans and budgets regularly to monitor adherence to budget and look for cost reduction opportunities and report on variances.
- Establish and execute internal controls over the company’s accounting and financial procedures.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Monitor business performance including cash flow, review daily cash receipts and manage the company’s debtors, ensuring adherence to company credit policy and taking remedial action as necessary.
- Comply with statutory and legal requirements by evaluating existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needs actions.
- Coordinate the audit process and ensure provision of information to external auditors for the annual audits.
- Prepare competitor analysis to support efficient and effective marketing strategy.
- Overseeing and preparing income statements.
- Observe the Group health and safety rules and policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) to guarantee the safety of finance departmental employees, equipment and machinery associated with the Department.
- Establish a leave plan and ensure that the leave liability at the end of the year is reduced to a minimum of 5 days per person, and ensure effective attendance and time keeping of Departmental employees.
- Ensure that payment issues associated with suppliers, employees, and other creditors are addressed promptly and effectively.
- A Bachelor degree with a major in Finance or Accounting
- 5 years of experience in senior position in a medium/large company i.e Turnover > Kshs 1 billion
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly send your detailed CV quoting the job title on the email subject (Finance Manager) to: [email protected] on or before Thursday 2nd September 2021.