Chief Engineer Job, Engineering Kenyan Jobs 2021,
Title: Chief Engineer- Boilers Job
Job Purpose: Boiler, Chief Engineer role is to lead maintenance and technical boiler operations team in overseeing efforts related to department operation and optimum performance across board.
You should have a solid understanding of boilers or steam rooms as well as their associated equipment: pumps, motors, turbines, water treatment, and associated piping/equipment.
Reporting to: The Managing Director.
- Oversee team of operators by planning & delegating repair, maintenance and monitoring tasks, scheduling jobs, providing appropriate instruction and giving constructive feedback on performance
- Ensure optimal and continuous operation of boiler mechanical systems by performing routine inspections and maintenance, monitoring metering equipment and adjusting levels as necessary
- Maintain systems by scheduling sites regular inspections, cleanings, filter replacement and all other tasks necessary to keep all components performing optimally; identify and repair or replace malfunctioning components
- Ensure safety by monitoring safety equipment, identifying potential issues and taking appropriate steps to suspend operations and repair the problem
- Supervising necessary repairs and replacements, obtain replacement parts and upgrade components as needed while staying within the budget
- Create and enter properly documented records of inspections, maintenance routines and repairs
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly work schedules and preventive maintenance schedules.
- Coordinates and schedules outside contractors for equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Assists Director and Immediate manager with prioritizing and scheduling Boiler Room workloads. Participates in the employee evaluation process
- Handle any duties assigned by management from time to time
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in civil, mechanical, or electrical engineering should have experience leading teams of individuals from a variety of different backgrounds and disciplines.
- At-least 4 years of experience in similar capacity
- Knowledge of principles of Boiler engineering
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time management skills with an obsessive attention to detail.
- Must have superior budgeting and cost management abilities, assessing estimated costs early in the project and bringing the actual costs in line.
- Must possess technical acumen and the ability to troubleshoot on a variety of projects.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience, kindly send your detailed CV quoting the job title on the email subject (Chief Engineer Boilers) to: [email protected] on or before Thursday 9th September 2021.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.