GYN Surgery & High-Risk Obstetrics Coordinator Job, Kenyan Medical Vacancies,
Job Title: GYN Surgery and High-Risk Obstetrics Coordinator
Reports to: Doctor In-charge Department:
Clinical Operations Business Purpose/Objective
The coordinator’s main responsibilities are to improve the operational efficiency of the gynaecology clinic and ensure continuity of care for high risk patients to provide a seamless patient journey for outpatient and inpatient care. This role will evolve to meet the needs of multiple facilities.
About Jacaranda Maternity
Jacaranda Maternity is redesigning the future of healthcare in East Africa for the patients who need it most. Our hospital in Nairobi is changing the way maternal healthcare is provided by developing better ways to provide high-quality, patient-centred maternity care at affordable prices. Currently, we see over 3,000 clients a month. We have won global and local recognition, including from the Centre for Health Market Innovations, the Gates Foundation, Savings Lives at Birth, and Innovations in Healthcare – and our facility has been independently rated as among the highest quality in Kenya.
We have big ambitions and require a GYN Surgery and High Risk Obstetrics Coordinator. Reporting to our doctor-in-charge, you will take on responsibility of delivery quality customer service and maintaining superior patient satisfaction.
Will you join us and help transform maternal and new-born health care in East Africa?
The current duties and responsibilities include and are not restricted to:
- Manage GYN daily clinic schedule;
- Facilitate completion of ancillary testing prior to consultation;
- Obtain targeted clinical information prior to consultation;
- Assist with ‘dating campaign’ to ensure accurate pregnancy dating of all clients at each ANC visit;
- Assist with increased utilization of EMR;
- Ensure real-time efficiency of doctor’s clinic;
- Support GYN clinic processes and systems;
- Maintain GYN clinic log book;
- Provide clear communication to clients regarding clinic processes along with customer service in the event of emergencies or long waits;
- Maintain theatre schedule;
- Manage the theatre booking system for private doctors
- Create daily theatre schedule to be used by theatre team;
- Coordinate preoperative process/instructions and maintain close communication with clients to ensure completion of preoperative requirements;
- Maintain high risk obstetrics list and facilitate continuity of care plans;
- Coordinate high risk obstetrics meeting for review of patient plans;
- Assist with coordination of GDM clinic and BG monitoring project;
- Midwife/nurse with 5 years of work experience in obstetric care;
- Must have outpatient experience, inpatient maternity experience is a plus;
- Must have experience working with computers, EMR, email, Microsoft excel, and word skills are highly valued;
- Excellent time management skills are mandatory as are interpersonal and communication skills;
- The ideal candidate has experience working with a diverse care team and has managed high-risk Direct experience with gestational diabetes, gestational hypertension, and other high-risk obstetric conditions.
Interested candidates should apply through this link
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: September 3rd 2021.