Microfinance Internal Auditor Job, Audit Jobs in Kenya March 2022,
Ital GLOBAL – We are a comprehensive Human Capital and Quality Management Consultancy firm dedicated to helping organizations just like yours with their HR and Quality Management requirements. We believe in creating productive and fruitful relationships with our clients by adding value to your business to ensure that you get the very best return on your Human Capital spend. Our Human Capital solutions, advice and guidance are uniquely designed and shaped around your exact requirements and objectives. They will fit with your culture and the business challenges that you currently face.
About the Client:
Our client is an established Microfinance based in Nairobi that is seeking an Internal Auditor responsible for auditing functions of its firm to ensure compliance with guidelines in the delivery of service.
The Internal Auditor is responsible for audit exercises on the Microfinance’s operations and to steer the business and related activities towards its primary objectives of profit and a return on capital. The role also prepares risk based annual plan and well documented evidence of audit programs as per laid down policies and procedures, regulatory guidelines and within other legal framework.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide recommendations to improve weak internal controls
- Investigate instances of possible fraud and ensure that assets are protected
- Perform reconciliations of company accounts and financial control systems
- Monitor compliance with industry standards, laws, and guidelines
- Investigate and search for fundamental reason of irregularities and errors.
- Monitor consistency of adherence to and effective application of established Internal Audit systems (polices, processes, procedures & tools) to achieve optimal efficiency and cost
- Evaluate whether processes and procedures are functioning properly
- Undertake reviews of wages
- Prepare and reconcile daily, weekly and monthly performance reports and ensuring performance of quality audits and production of timely internal audit reports with practical and agreeable corrective
- Participate in preparation of risk based annual plan and preparing audit programs for audit
- Developing the appropriate audit tests to achieve the desired audit objectives for each assignment and obtaining well documented audit evidence and audit
- Tracking of audit issues implementation and follow up
- Carry out special audits and/or investigations and other special assignments as may be required by management from time to time
- Carry out analytical reviews of the root-cause of the common/ recurrent audit findings and disseminate alerts and solution
- Carry out ad hoc reports/assignments as needed
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external counterparties
- Carry out any other duties assigned in the firm’s related activities.
- Degree in internal auditing, financial accounting/management, Business or related course
- CPA (K) Holder
- 3 years of experience in internal Audit in a banking and finance institution
- Proficiency in accounting software and spreadsheets
Competencies and Skills:
- Outstanding aptitude for math and Excellent attention to detail
- Brilliant numerical and analytical skills
- Good critical-thinking skills and Excellent research skills
- Excellent Reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent Customer service, communication and relationship skills
- Team player
- Should be highly motivated with a Positive attitude.
- Confident and capable of operating at all levels.
- Great at Multitasking
- Decision Making Skills
- Service oriented personality
- Time management
- Work under minimum supervision and able to work under pressure
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send their detailed CVs and cover letters quoting the job title (INTERNAL AUDITOR-MICROFINANCE) as subject to reach us not later than 18th March 2022 to [email protected]. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.