Legal Secretary/ Receptionist Job, Current Administration Job Vacancies In Kenya,
Job Title: Legal Secretary/ Receptionist
Ital GLOBAL – We are a comprehensive Human Capital and Quality Management Consultancy firm dedicated to helping organizations just like yours with their HR and Quality Management requirements. We believe in creating productive and fruitful relationships with our clients by adding value to your business to ensure that you get the very best return on your Human Capital spend. Our Human Capital solutions, advice and guidance are uniquely designed and shaped around your exact requirements and objectives. They will fit with your culture and the business challenges that you currently face
The legal Secretary/ Receptionist will provide efficient and exceptional receptionist services for the company, is responsible for the switchboard from the front desk as well as assisting in the duties of the company’s other ventures.
A leading and established law firm in Nairobi is seeking an experienced, proactive, reliable Legal Secretary/ Receptionist who is tasked with increasing efficiency in secretarial duties and office procedures. The firm is located in a convenient location and also engages in other business sectors within the premises.
- Carry out secretarial work where assigned
- Handle incoming and outgoing calls and deliveries, redirecting and routing inquiries, information, correspondence as appropriate
- Make telephone calls upon request
- Control telephone usage by staff ensuring no unauthorized calls are made and recording all calls made
- Delivery, receipt and distribution of mail from courier services
- Receive, attend at front desk and direct visitors to various meeting rooms and arrange all the necessary requirements for meetings/trainings e.g. training materials, soft drinks etc. as appropriate.
- Ensure requisition and distribution of office/staff supplies.
- Ensure all telephone faults and faulty equipment are reported on time and making appropriate follow up and providing feedback to HR & Admin Manager.
- Check out repairs in the office and ensure that appropriate repairs and preventive maintenance are carried out and ensuring operation of equipment.
- Ensure office electricity bill is paid in time and liaise with the cashier and any other office bills
- File all statements and personal letters for the directors.
- Ensure the cabinets in the director’s office are properly arranged always.
- Supervise and check general cleanliness of the entire offices.
- Type all the secretarial work issued out by the advocates.
- Retrieve all the court files and ensure they are up to date.
- Receiving hearing notice and checking with the diary on the suitability of dates.
- Maintaining the office diary at the reception which is properly updated with the court dates in the office.
- Diarize all meetings for both directors and hearing dates for the law firm.
- Maintain a systematic building up system for the law firm works.
- Retrieve the case files two weeks before the hearing for preparations.
- Calling the witness before the hearing dates as directed by the advocate.
- Updating the client on the progress of the matters with the supervision of the advocate.
- Following up on medical reports for the clients
- Following up on delegated assignments
- Prepare tender documents for the law firm and follow through
- To perform any other duties that maybe assigned by the management from time to time.
- Diploma in Legal Studies and or related field certificates
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a legal secretary or paralegal
- KNEC Secretarial Certification
- Proficiency with MS Office & typing speed of at least 50 wpm with a high rate of accuracy.
- Familiarity with legal documents, legal terminology and government regulations.
Competencies & Skills
- Able to effectively prioritize, multitask effectively and meet deadlines
- Courteous and professional demeanor with strong sense of discretion
- Able to work as a team with attorneys and staff
- Excellent and outstanding written, oral communication skills, and interpersonal abilities
- Must uphold confidentiality and be proactive.
- Committed to professional values and work ethics with a high sense of integrity and honesty.
- Excellent organizational, great management and multi-tasking skills
- Team player
- Possess ultimate customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Maintain a high profile in the day to day operations.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter quoting the job title (LEGAL SECRETARY/RECEPTIONIST) as subject to reach us not later than 16th June 2021 to [email protected] stating the current pay and expected salary. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.