Internal Auditor- Financial Industry Job, Current Finance Jobs Kenya,
Ital GLOBAL – We are a comprehensive Human Capital and Quality Management Consultancy firm dedicated to helping organizations just like yours with their HR and Quality Management requirements. We believe in creating productive and fruitful relationships with our clients by adding value to your business to ensure that you get the very best return on your Human Capital spend. Our Human Capital solutions, advice and guidance are uniquely designed and shaped around your exact requirements and objectives. They will fit with your culture and the business challenges that you currently face.
Our Client is looking for an experienced and thorough Internal Auditor who is able to handle a variety of tasks as the role demands.
To continuously ensure internal control systems, risk management and governance, procedures and policies with a view to minimize risk exposure for utilization of assets and other resources.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop internal control measures and organize regular review of internal control measures.
- Develop annual audit plans for approval by appropriate authority and ensuring that routine audits are carried out as per agreed plan.
- Ensure compliance with the laid down internal controls, all policies and other statutory requirements and regulations
- Develop risk and compliance framework on the company’s overall risk management strategies and annual work plans
- Conduct discussions with line Managers on commencement and completion of all audits
- Check the soundness of accounting standards and procedures and reliability of financial records and reports
- Safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verify the existence of such assets by independently appraising the company’s operations to ensure assets are safeguarded.
- Ensure operations or programs are consistent with established objectives and goals and that the operations are being carried out as planned.
- Advise management on external audit queries
- Guarantees complete confidentiality of records and information obtained during the course of audit jobs
- Carry out audits and investigations and recommend remedial actions as per operational procedures requirements
- Degree in finance or related course.
- CPA – K/ACCA qualification
- CISA certification
- Membership of a professional body
- Five (5) years working experience in a finance function with a minimum 3 years auditing experience in a senior position.
- Policy formulation experience
Competencies and Skills:
- A firm understanding of internal auditing standards and Data analytics,
- Able to integrate understanding of industry trends and vulnerabilities to identify future possibilities, opportunities and risks
- Knowledge and application of Internal Audit and accounting standards in financial services industry
- Proactively review and recommend security quality improvements in line with technological and product changes
- Ability to understand and document workflows and business processes.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks
- Organized; able to work both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to identify solutions that effectively address business and control needs
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate audit results to functional heads and other stakeholders
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support true performance.
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their detailed CVs and cover letters quoting the job title (INTERNAL AUDITOR-MICROFINANCE) as subject to reach us not later than 15th April 2022 to [email protected]. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.