Events Coordinator Job, Current Kenyan Communication Vacancies 2022,
EVENTS COORDINATOR (Nairobi)
Ital GLOBAL – We are a comprehensive Human Capital and Quality Management Consultancy firm dedicated to helping organizations just like yours with their HR and Quality Management requirements. We believe in creating productive and fruitful relationships with our clients by adding value to your business to ensure that you get the very best return on your Human Capital spend. Our Human Capital solutions, advice and guidance are uniquely designed and shaped around your exact requirements and objectives. They will fit with your culture and the business challenges that you currently face.
About the Client:
A leading and busy events planning and management company in Nairobi that has resources and equipment to bring events from mere ideas to reality seeks to hire a competent and aggressive individual. The firm is involved in every aspect of planning and execution letting their clients focus on their core business.
The client seeks to hire a well-experienced Events Coordinator who will be tasked with events planning and coordination from inception to completion as well as do sales for the company.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree/Diploma in hospitality management, public relations, Communications, Business Management or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience as events coordinator or similar role in a busy events company.
- Diploma/ Certificate in Events Planning and Management will be an added advantage.
- Substantial portfolio of successful events.
- Basic financial management course or experience is an added advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Google drive, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Working knowledge of social media platforms.
Personal Traits, Qualities and Aptitudes.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Great Presentation skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and commitment to detail.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Creative and good problem solving skills.
- Great social skills and; sales and marketing skills.
- High Integrity andTeam player.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Event planning, design, and production while managing all project delivery elements within time limits.
- Organizing, managing and coordinating various types of events.
- Develop an event strategy and budget.
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals.
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
- Post Event Administration i.e.; sending Thank you letters, Collate overall evaluation, etc.
- Reconciling all invoices paid, pending invoices to Wrap up event.
- Reporting on Record the Actual expense of event vs budget variance.
- Manage clients’ accounts, respond to general queries sent.
- Creating event proposals which fit client requirements and presenting proposals by the deadline.
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues.
- Demonstrating to client’s strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings and taking clients on tours of venue possibilities.
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors.
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios.
- Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events, including possessing a strong working knowledge of the company to further these sales opportunities.
- Recommend evolved/learned efficient approach to event business.
- Adopt quickly to the dynamic event coordination environment.
- Maintain a presentable and polished image and decorum.
- Any other duty assigned.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter quoting the job title (EVENTS COORDINATOR) as subject to reach us not later than 07th October 2022 to [email protected]. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.