Commercial & Conveyancing Advocate Job, Current Legal Jobs In Kenya 2022,
COMMERCIAL AND CONVEYANCING ADVOCATE
Ital GLOBAL – We are a comprehensive Human Capital and Quality Management Consultancy firm dedicated to helping organizations just like yours with their HR and Quality Management requirements. We believe in creating productive and fruitful relationships with our clients by adding value to your business to ensure that you get the very best return on your Human Capital spend. Our Human Capital solutions, advice and guidance are uniquely designed and shaped around your exact requirements and objectives. They will fit with your culture and the business challenges that you currently face.
The firm hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced and self-motivated candidates for the position of Commercial and Conveyancing Advocates. The ideal candidate must be a person of high integrity, hardworking and able to work with minimum supervision, possess good communication skills and self-motivated.
About the Client:
A leading law firm in Kenya, head quartered in Nairobi is seeking to hire two (2) Commercial and Conveyancing Advocates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to prepare security documents and ensure they are properly executed and properly registered
- Provide legal opinion, advice on commercial and corporate transactions and matters relating to property & real estate.
- Carrying out the negotiation, drafting and review of commercial contracts, legal documents and ensuring they are duly executed
- Offer advice to clients on the legal processes involved in purchasing & selling of property.
- Carrying out the negotiation, drafting and review of commercial contracts and ensuring they are duly executed
- Conduct due diligence on conveyancing transactions, prepare sale agreements, completion documents and ensure proper registration of documents
- Work to protect the interest of clients, researching information and communicating with clients.
- Conduct research to identify legal ownership of properties by assessing government land registry documents or title deeds if the land is not registered to anyone.
- Prepare property lease agreements & ensure contracts are signed on the scheduled date of transfer.
- Oversee the fast-tracking & diligent handling of all client matters before the Lands Registry, Local Authorities, Survey of Kenya & National Lands Commission.
- Liaising with clients and key stakeholders such as the mortgage lenders, estate agents, land valuers and surveyors.
- Sending terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements.
- Assist with due diligence and other intellectual property issues related to contracts, agreements and other transactional matters
- Processing of stamp duty payments and registration of documents at various registries.
- Procure clearance certificates and consents.
- Liaison at the Land Registry and Government departments.
- Drafting conveyancing document and other legal documents.
- Develop positive relationship with clients and meet clients expectations.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Two (2) years Post admission experience in a busy law firm with particular emphasis on Conveyancing and Banking Securities and Commercial Law.
- An upper 2nd Bachelors of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized university.
- Advocate of the High Court.
Competencies & Skills
- Experience in a busy law firm dealing with commercial and conveyancing matters.
- Excellent knowledge and practical understanding of the legal and judicial systems.
- High degree of responsibility, professional ethics and personal integrity at a personal and professional level.
- Ability to develop positive relationship with clients and manage/meet client expectations.
- Excellent analytical writing, oral presentation, organizational and computer skills.
- Good knowledge and experience in research skills and drafting of legal documents.
- Good communication and ultimate customer service skills.
- Proactive, aggressive and self-motivated.
- High Level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Team player with leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage pressure and meet targets.
- Ability to demonstrate acumen in business development.
- Work independently with minimum or no supervision and ready to lead.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter quoting the job title (COMMERCIAL AND CONVEYANCING ADVOCATE) as subject to reach us not later than 07th October 2022 to [email protected]. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.