IT Devops Head Job, Current IT Jobs,
Head – IT Devops – (2000008E)
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
The Head -IT Devops will be responsible for leading multiple software engineering teams and establishing best practices for engineering requirements and concepts to products. This leader will liaise with product management, other technology leaders and service and experience leaders to aid new feature, functionality delivery as well as maintenance of existing products. This role is vital to ensure that we deliver value with technical excellence to equity Group customers in all the segments and territories that we operate.
- Own the engineering software delivery aspects; work with product management to help set direction; define an engineering plan to meet product goals; execute on the plan.
- Develop, implement, and execute technology road maps, including non-functional aspects from security to production health.
- Hire, mentor and further develop a team of exceptional software engineers.
- Create team multipliers through best practices like DevSecOps, automation, and pave the way for the team to focus on deliverables and build innovation velocity.
- Seek out and perform code, security, scalability, quality, and sustainability reviews from other developers proactively. Accept feedback and make improvements.
- Thrive on variety and working on all aspects of building full stack software, over the entire development cycle. Lead the team on task breakdowns, estimate times, design, code, fix bugs, make suggestions, and work with the databases as needed.
- Comfortable working on-call representing engineering and collaborate with our IT Ops team to respond to production alerts to ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- Build partnerships across multiple stakeholders to ensure team, customer, and business success.
- At least 10 years of technology experience with at least 5 years in a software engineering management role.
- Prior hands-on development and building enterprise software product experience
- Strong communication skills, with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ownership, can-do attitude, and data-informed decision making
- Ability to adapt to evolving product visions and emerging technologies
- Experience with modern best practices including, DevSecOps, Agile development
- Exposure to Cloud software and CI/CD tools.
- It would be a big plus if you have;
- Prior engineering product experience, serving millions of users
- Experienced in Cloud Native technologies and/or Azure or AWS Certification(s)
- Experienced in financial services technology market and products
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Computer Science, Software Engineering or any other relevant Technology related degree.
- DevOps, Continuous integration/ continuous deployment experience
- Agile development environment experience, familiarity with SCRUM
Core Skills and Competencies
- Front-end: Angular, Bootstrap
- Database: SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Platform: Azure, Docker, Azure Kubernetes Services
- Android: Java Android (Native)
- iOS: Objective C and Swift (Native)
How to Apply