Nurse Job, Current Nursing Jobs In Kenya,
Job Title: Nurse
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Yes
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Nursing Officer In Charge, the nurse will be directly responsible for;
- Implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with specific conditions as prescribed by the clinician.
- Identify and manage as appropriate, treatment plans for patients at risk of developing long-term conditions.
- Supervise incentive staffs working in the specific ward
- Prepare for and assist the doctors during the rounds and whenever required.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented in the patient’s charts.
- Perform bedside nursing.
- Escort patient to other referral hospital when necessary.
- Do hospital coverage and on-call as required.
- Conduct regular training session for refugee staff on basic nursing care/management of various ward cases and charting.
- Give health education to patients and clients
- Compile and submit monthly reports.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of supplies.
- Maintain equipment in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the same.
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they occur.
- Supervise incentive staff working in RH and EPI at a designated clinic.
- Assist the CO during the running of a clinic and whenever required.
- Together with the C.O organize for adequate clinic coverage when required.
- Carry out any other additional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Key Result Areas:
- Ability to provide overall leadership at the assigned ward or department.
- Ensure timely and quality health care services to refugees
- Maintain accurate inventory and ensure rational use of medical supplies and drugs.
- Diploma in Nursing from KMTC or recognized nurse training institution
- Be registered and have a valid license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
Required Experience & Competencies:
- At least 2 years working experience in a busy hospital setup.
- Computer literate
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (Previous experience in a Camp setting will be an added advantage).
- Fluency in Turkana/Somali will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.