Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
The Consultancy falls under the Project “*Farming the Future. Sustainable value chains in agriculture for ASAL in Kenya*”, coordinated by IPSIA in partnership with CELIM and Laikipia Permaculture Centre, and financed by the Italian Agency for Development and Cooperation (AICS).
The main objective of the project is to increase households’ income and food security through improved management of natural resources. The main actions consist of training and supply of equipment for agriculture, access to water, support to supply chains suitable for dry climates and strengthening the tourism sector.
One of the main objectives of the Project is to improve the productivity of the existing business activities currently conducted by 10 Women Self Help Groups and falling under the value chain of aloe, opuntia and honey. In order to enhance the knowledges, expertise and organizational skills of the groups and their members in governance, financial management and business development, IPSIA plans to train N.770 members of N.10 women groups.
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The main objective of the consultancy is to facilitate the training of 770 beneficiaries which are members of 10 different women groups (Self Help Groups). The training shall cover the following areas: group dynamics, governance, financial management, budgeting, reporting, business development, conflict management and resolution, among others.
To achieve the objective, IPSIA has carried out a need assessment (available upon request) and will engage a qualified and experienced consultant company/consultant individual to execute the assignment.
The specific objectives of the consultancy are to:
3. Expected Outcome and Deliverables
a) Inception report highlighting a detailed workplan, timelines and methodology to be submitted within 5 days from the commencement of the assignment;
b) Detailed training report with all the ingredients highlighted in the scope of work to be submitted within 7 days from completion of the assignment;
c) Training manual to be shared with the Client at completion of the duty assigned as attachment to the Final Report.
4. Commitment to the Procuring Entity Mission and Vision and Competencies
The Consultant shall demonstrate to commit to the following values:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible; deliver his/her services in a way that is culturally appropriate, gender sensitive and adequate to the beneficiaries’ needs and vulnerabilities.**
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with the Ngo principles and standards and in a way to prevent and avoid corrupt or fraudulent conducts.
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges
· University degree in community development, social work or related fields.
· At least 5 years of working experience and qualification in designing and delivering interactive training and capacity building programmes;
· Specific experience in facilitating trainings on governance, business development, financial management, conflict resolution and prevention for Self Help Groups or other entities, in particular women groups.
· Excellent writing skills, with a proven ability to design training materials and tools, in publishable quality.
· Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Swahili languages.
· Meticulous and very attentive to detail.
· Strong conceptual and analytical abilities.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment.
· Ability to work under time pressure and deliver work of outstanding quality.