Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Senior Strategy and Research Officer Job, Latest Government Jobs Kenya 2022,
Job Purpose: Conduct research to generate new knowledge and evidence–
based statistics to inform policy and decision-making at the Authority and in the Policing Sector.
Reports to: Head of Inspections and Monitoring.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
1) Assist in the implementation of policies, strategies, manuals, plans, procedures and standards pertaining to strategy and research services;
2) Assist in strategy and research operations;
3) Assist in implementation of controls for deployment and application of strategy and research services;
4) Assist in development of strategy and research concepts to professionalize police service;
5) Coach and mentor strategy and research Officers;
6) Prepare team annual workplans, budgets and procurement plans
1) Conduct research;
2) Prepare tools for the strategy and research function;
3) Identify procurement requirements for effective strategy and research operations;
4) Engage stakeholders to collect and corroborate research data and facts forinformed recommendations;
5) Prepare concepts to inform strategy and research for the Authority;
6) Provide updates on strategy and research to the Principal Officer;
7) Track recommendations made by the Authority and update on their implementation status;
8) Prepare for dissemination forums on research findings and recommendations;
9) Prepare analysis on trends and patterns of reported police misconducts;
10)Prepare activity, monthly, quarterly, bi–annual performance and Annual reports for the Department;
11)Prepare quarterly and biannual performance review briefs for the Strategy and Research Department;
12)Implement strategy and research annual budget, workplan and procurement plan;
13)Appraise strategy and research officers and identify training needs;
14)Participate in meetings for the Department.
Must be a citizen of Kenya.
Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya
For appointment at this position, a candidate must have: –
(i) A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics,
Statistics, Social Sciences, Law, Business Management, Finance or its
equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
(ii) Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of Strategy
and Research Officer or six (6) years in a comparable and relevant
position in the Public Service or Private Sector.
(iii) Certificate in Research/ Statistical packages/ Data analysis and
(iv)Certificate in computer application skills
(v) Registered with a relevant professional body where applicable.
Required functional and behavioral skills:
• Strategy Development and Research Skills
• Supervisory Skills
• Planning Skills
• Decision Making Skills
• Data analysis and Analytical skills
• Report writing skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Communication Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• Transparency and accountability
• Ethics and Integrity
• Team player
• Creativity and innovation
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position and job reference number, on both the cover letter, envelope and email applications, together with a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Tuesday, 7th June, 2022 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer,
Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Email: [email protected]
Detailed job descriptions and specifications for the above positions are available in our website http://www.ipoa.go.ke/careers