Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Records Management Officer II Job, Latest Government Vacancies In Kenya,
Job Purpose: To conduct operations in the Authority’s registry and ensure proper management of records and information.
Reports to: Records Management Officer I
1) Implement internal controls in records management.
2) Implement accountability structures and monitor performance in registries
including regional offices.
3) Prepare monthly returns on postage and courier services.
4) Receive, register, distribute, store and dispatch all incoming and outgoing
5) Manage records for internal and external audits.
6) Conduct periodic compliance audits and surveys and determine obsolete
records for disposal
7) Conduct periodic inspections of files to ensure correct placement, legibility,
and proper condition of documents
8) Maintain an inventory of all Authority records to ensure effective retrieval of
9) Supervise the general cleanliness of the registry and files
10)Conduct regular audits on records management activities
11)Maintain records, files and registers.
12)Guide, Coach and mentor records management officers
c) Must be a citizen of Kenya.
d) Meets the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya
For an appointment at this position, a candidate must have: –
(iii) Diploma in any of the following disciplines; Records/Information Management, Information/Library Science or equivalent qualification
from a recognized institution
(iv)Certificate in computer application skills.
(v) Familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and
procedures standards such as ISO 15489
(vi)Membership to relevant professional Association.
(vii) Excellent computer application skills with expertise in Statistical
Required functional and behavioral skills:
• Organization and Planning Skills
• Dispute Resolution Skills
• Decision Making Skills
• Records management skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Communication Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• Analytical Skills
• Transparency and accountability
• Ethics and Integrity
• Team player
• Creativity and innovation
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position and job reference number, on both the cover letter, envelope and email applications, together with a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Tuesday, 7th June, 2022 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer,
Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Email: [email protected]
Detailed job descriptions and specifications for the above positions are available in our website http://www.ipoa.go.ke/careers