Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Director of Investigations Job, Kenyan Director Jobs 2022,
Job Purpose: To provide leadership and direction in investigations and forensic services in the Authority as provided and guided under Section 6, 7, 24 and 25 of the IPOA Act.
This is a performance based contract and may be renewed subject to
Reports to: The Chief Executive officer.
Direct reports: Head of Investigations and Head of Rapid Response and Forensic Services
1) Oversee the development and implementation of policies, strategies, manuals, plans, procedures and standards pertaining to investigations and forensic services;
2) Oversee investigations into complaints related to offences committed by any member of the Service and recommendations made to the relevant authorities;
3) Oversee investigations of policing operations affecting members of thepublic;
4) Provide guidance on investigations, forensic and intelligence management;
5) Establish controls for deployment and application of investigations and forensic tools, kits and equipment;
6) Spearhead the development and implementation of Directorate work plans, data, information, records and resources;
7) Oversee the review of patterns and trends of police misconduct;
8) Spearhead the taking over of ongoing internal investigations undertaken by the Internal Affairs Unit of the National Police Service;
9) Provide leadership, guidance, coaching and mentorship for the Directorate staff;
10)Oversee employee performance management and competency development in the Directorate.
1) Guide investigations and forensic operations;
2) Initiate strategic linkages with stakeholders in relation to investigations, forensic and intelligence operations;
3) Provide liaison with other Directorate’s on matter related to investigations, forensic and intelligence;
4) Guide on categorization and prioritization of cases for investigations;
5) Coordinate provision of working tools and equipment for the Directorate;
6) Provide secretariat services to the Board Technical Committee;
7) Provide advice on investigations, forensic and intelligence operations to the Management and the Board;
8) Guide on redress of operational risks and audit processes for purposes of effective delivery of the Directorate mandate;
9) Review and recommend Directorate operational work plans for approval;
10)Review and approve Directorate reports;
11)Review Directorate data, information, records, files and processes for
12)Coordinate the review of patterns and trends of police misconduct related to investigations;
13)Identify and document gaps in processes and systems, and recommend corrective action;
14)Review and approve Directorate annual budget, work plan and procurement plan;
15)Coordinate and chair the Directorate meetings;
16)Supervise and appraise direct reports and identify training needs.
For appointment at this position, a candidate must have: –
(i) A Master’s degree in Forensic Science, Criminal Justice, Criminology, Law, Social Sciences, Military/ Police Science or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
(ii) Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – forensic science, criminal justice, criminology, law, social sciences or equivalent
qualifications from a recognized institution;
(iii) Served for a minimum period of three (3) years in the grade of either Head–Investigations, Head–Rapid Response and Forensic Services at IPOA or in a comparable and relevant position for a period of fifteen (15) years, five (5) of which must have been in a Senior Management level in the Public Service or Private Sector.
(iv)Certificate in either Corporate Governance or Strategic Leadership
Development Programme from a recognized institution;
(v) Registered with a relevant Professional Body where applicable;
(vi)Certificate in computer application.
(vii) Demonstrated integrity, professional competence and ability in planning
and controlling Investigations activities.
Required behavioral and functional skills
• Transparency and accountability
• Ethics and Integrity
• Team player
• Creativity and innovation.
• Strategic Leadership Skills
• Financial Management Skills
• Investigations Management Skills
• Organization and Planning Skills
• Dispute Resolution Skills
• Decision Making Skills
• Analytical Skills
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position and job reference number, on both the cover letter, envelope and email applications, together with a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Tuesday, 7th June, 2022 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer,
Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Email: [email protected]
Detailed job descriptions and specifications for the above positions are available in our website http://www.ipoa.go.ke/careers