Administration, Logistics, and Security Associate Job, Kenyan NGO Jobs In Kenya
POSITION: Administration, Logistics, and Security Associate (1 position)
REPORTING TO: Senior HR and Administration Manager
START DATE: ASAP
DURATION: 1 Year (Renewable)
ELIGIBILITY: The position open to local Kenyan hires only
DEADLINE: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. In close partnership with decision-makers — the policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors working with the poor around the world — IPA designs and evaluates potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations, the most rigorous evaluation method available. We also mobilize and support these decision-makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Position: The Administration, Logistics, and Security Associate under the general supervision of the Senior HR and Administration Manager and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action- Kenya policies and procedures, will manage country office systems that support the administrative and logistical needs of the IPA Kenya office. S/he will supervise the Admin team across the country and will have significant collaboration with other support departments (HR, Operations, Finance, and Procurement). Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Administration, Logistics, and Security Associate to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Senior HR and Administration Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
Administration and Logistics
- Coordinate Office Administration: jointly supervise the Administrative Assistants to ensure that IPA’s offices are managed efficiently.
- Scheduling work assignments across administrative staff, setting priorities for the department.
- Lead performance planning and management for the administrative team.
- Take the lead on the Administration onboarding of new staff.
- Regularly update the administration and logistics documents, policies, and procedures. • Plan and Coordinate Administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes. • Office Space allocation management.
- Organize and supervise office activities, including renovations, event planning, etc.
- Keep up with organizational changes and new developments to be able to support from the administrative front.
- Manage other IPAK Administrative Services: examples include travel, vehicle management, visitors’ logistics, and maintenance of internal IPAK communication systems such as the internal Management contact email list.
- Capacity building and training of the Admin team.
Finance and Procurement
- Developing and managing departmental Budget
- Monitor Administrative Staff invoice registers and ensures submission of invoices to the finance department in a timely manner.
- Auditing the invoice registers regularly to ensure contracted suppliers have been paid on time.
- In charge of compiling running costs across all IPA-K offices and allocating them to funding sources accordingly.
- Work with Procurement Associate in the procurement and management of all contracted suppliers and ensure they have valid contracts.
Security and Occupational Safety and Health
- Work with the HR and Senior Management to ensure that the organization is compliant with the Occupational Safety and Health Act provisions in terms of compliance; training, audits, and committee meetings. • Act as Liaison with other departments to ensure compliance with the Act.
- Screen incoming correspondence on the info-Kenya email and ensure critical and sensitive information flows to the appropriate persons in a timely manner, and follow up as needed.
- Close monitoring of the security environment, troubleshoot, explore, and adopt new and/or additional risk-mitigating safety and security measures, suggest and advise on implementation and adaptation.
- Support in providing updated strategic analysis of local political, and social context, analyze, and assess possible development and impact on current and new IPAK operations and environment.
- Act as a point of contact for staff to present their security and safety concerns to management in a formal (and if necessary confidential) way.
- Perform security orientation for all staff members, including orientation calls with international staff before they reach their duty station.
- Take lead in the development and annual revision of field office security plans, hereby fire, relocation-, hibernation-, compound, and location evacuation plans and SOPs, as well as give necessary feed into country security plan – Lead the revision and update of the IPA‐K Security Policy and management of the weekly planner and risk matrix.
- Update and maintain the internal system for communication in case of emergencies.
- Maintain appropriate systems and platforms for gathering security information (INSO, embassies, etc.), and represent the organizations in specific security forums.
- Guide, adapt and monitor the implementation of security procedures and regulations.
- Report and advise on repercussions for security breaches recorded.
- Coordinate monthly security round tables for all staff based in different regions/offices.
- Management of the internal safety and security email account.
- Oversee and guide management of security at the office.
- Journey management for high-risk areas in liaison with Procurement and other stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, preferably business Administration.
- At least 3 years of experience managing staff.
- Knowledge of working processes: procurement cycle, fleet management, etc.
- Experience implementing security policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Field-based security and crisis management experience.
Required skills, qualities, and attributes:
- Demonstration of strong leadership skills
- Excellent word, excel and mail merge skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team leader but collaborative
- Ability to prioritize among many pressing issues
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Previous experience in an international organization.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a ROLLING BASIS.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Administration, Logistics, and Security Associate– Field Office Kenya. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.