Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Senior Project Assistant (M&E and IM)
Vacancy Number: SVN/IOMSO/006/2021
Duty Station : Nairobi, Kenya.
Classification : General Service, Grade G-6
Type of Appointment : Short term, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 31 March, 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and nongovernmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall coordination of the Head of Operations and Humanitarian Response, and under the direct supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and Visibility Officer (Preparedness and Response Division), the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for assisting PRD’s M&E, data management and visibility needs. This will include five sectoral units under PRD, which are Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Migration Health
Division (MHD), Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM), Shelter and Non-Food Items (S/NFI) and Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM). In particular, the successful candidate will be assisting field-level coordination of PRD’s monitoring exercises, including data collection, capacity building of field staff and enumerators, and field visits. The candidate will also be expected to support as needed the cleaning, analysis and reporting of the data collected. The candidate will also support PRD’s communications and visibility activities, including conducting and translating interviews and field visits. The position will include frequent travel to Somalia on field missions
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter