Our client is one of Africa’s fastest growing healthcare companies. They’re the healthcare provider of the future that gets quality and trustworthy healthcare to Africa’s lower and middle-income families. With over 250 employees and operating 11 Medical Centers in Nairobi, they’re now on a fast growth trajectory. Our client secured an investment fund in 2018 and is looking forward to rapid expansion across Kenya and to replicate the Kenya model to several new countries.
We’re hiring an Investment Director to secure and manage all of the investment needed to enable us to revolutionize healthcare in Africa.
- Help deliver great, trustworthy healthcare to our continent
- Join one of Africa’s fastest growing companies
- Raise the funding we need to build Africa’s next unicorn
- Stock Options available
We’ve just secured our series B and are raising debt to fund capex for aggressive expansion. In addition, we’ve reached the stage where we need to build relationships with strategic investors and potential acquirers. We also have inbound requests for grant funding for special projects that may be interesting to pursue. We may decide to raise a strategic investment round in 2019 and will raise another equity round in 2020.
This role is based in our support office in Nairobi.
- Secure smart funding to enable us to revolutionize healthcare across Africa
- Improve Organization’s culture: We take culture seriously and expect our teammates to be great performers AND great teammates. Be fun to work with; honest, direct and genuine; give and receive feedback often; debate and fight for the best decisions; actively help other parts of the organization outside your department.
- Evaluate and advise on impact of different types of fundraising for the company (equity, debt and grant). Advise management and the board on best funding practices given strategy map and projects.
- Secure and pitch at meetings with the right potential investors and acquirers: Make our investment pipelines, get meetings, ask the right questions and educate them about our organization. Everyone you meet should turn into a believer. Build relationships with both the local and international investor and potential acquirer networks.
- Execute and organize our entire investment process:Make a project plan for each type of invest, execute it and communicate our progress to the company regularly. Manage all contacts (probably make a simple CRM for this), notes, and investor information. Make a system to follow up on all meetings, send out updates, report to the board, etc.
- Develop exceptional investment material: Create a great investor pack including financial model, deck, cap table and all other supporting documents. Complete all the research needed for this as well. You may decide to use some extra support to get all this done, if so recruit and manage them.
- Lead the negotiation of term sheets and investment agreements:to make sure the organization gets great, smart investment terms that help our long-term vision.
- Manage all investment related projects:such as due diligence, reviewing our employee stock option program, etc. For all these, manage the commercials and engage our lawyers wisely for the legals. Consult on the most important aspects and push these projects through to completion.
- Recruit and manage consultants and partners to get all our work done: evaluating and managing our lawyers; working with our corporate secretary during fundraising; hire a grant writer for grant funding. For all these, make sure our partners know our vision, are excited and are working with us to achieve it, not just for the billable hours.
- Eagerly pick up other projects: In this role you have visibility into the entire company, so you’ll be asked to help on other things. Be excited to pick up various projects, some completely not related to investment if that’s what the company needs to win!
- Be great at pitching a clear, compelling and bold vision!
- Have previously completed multiple transactions of venture capital, private equity or mergers and acquisitions, from either the investor side of the entrepreneur side. More experience across more deals is a plus.
- 5-10 years’ experience in an investment related role.
- Skills required to build and manage our investor materials. Strong modeling skills, strategy skills to design asks and pitches, skills to make pitch decks and supporting documents. Ability to manage our capital table, etc.
- Have managed employees or consultants before.
- Based in Nairobi or willing to be.
- African national.
Salary and Benefits
- Be part of the team that transforms healthcare for the masses across Africa
- Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Stock options
- Full medical cover for inpatient and outpatient for your whole family
- Great benefits package
- Join a great place to work: We’re working hard at our culture.
How To Apply
Send us your CV to [email protected] quoting “INVESTMENT DIRECTOR” on the email subject line. Deadline: 28th February, 2019.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.