Internal Auditor Job, Current Audit Jobs in Kenya August 2020,
V/NO. SIT/2020/2 INTERNAL AUDITOR (1POST)
Terms of Service Permanent
Salary Scale KShs 40,410 × 1850 – 42,260 × 1930 – 44,190 × 2040 – 46,300 × 2120 – 48,350 × 2460 – 50,810 p.m.
House Allowance As applicable in Siaya County.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will entail: examining all books of accounts of the Institute;
- carrying out audit checks to verify payments; preparing detailed audit observations; verifying statement of accounts; validating accuracy of payments and purchases;
- consolidating primary audit reports/queries on the Institute’s financial statements; selecting, evaluating and implementing risks mitigation strategies; reporting on risks status and mitigation actions;
- reviewing and developing audit techniques and procedures; undertaking comprehensive audits; reviewing the Institute’s compliance with the relevant statutes, policies, rules, regulations, administrative government
circulars and guidelines; monitoring and evaluating audit reports;
- carrying out compliance tests; reviewing the adequacy of internal policies, procedures and processes to ensure necessary and sufficient internal controls are in place;
- preparing annual audit work plan;
- preparing audit reports;
- undertaking audit inspection for the Institute;
- monitoring risk exposure and advice the management;
- and identifying, analyzing, integrating and assessing areas of risks.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- served in the grade of Internal Auditor I or in a comparable position for a minimum period of at least four (4) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized
- Professional qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, ACA, CIA, CISA, CRISC or ACMA from a recognized institution;
- be a registered member of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) (Kenya Chapter) or any other a relevant professional body;
- Certificate in a Management Course lasting not less than four weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills and demonstrate proficiency in computer use and applications; and
- Demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
How To Apply
Siaya Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer.
The details of the advertised posts can be accessed from the Institute’s website www.siayainstitute.ac.ke . Interested qualified persons are requested to download the fillable PDF application forms, fill and submit via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach the undersigned on or before Friday August 14th, 2020 3pm.
NB. Youth, Women and Persons Living with Disability (PWD) are encouraged to apply.
SECRETARY OF THE BOARD OF GOVENORS /PRINCIPAL
SIAYA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
P.O. BOX 1087 – 40600