Internal Auditor Job, Audit Jobs In Kenya September,
Title: Internal Auditor – Manufacturing
Industry: Manufacturing (FMCG)
Salary: 70k – 100k
Our client is a leading manufacturer of edible oils, detergents located in Nairobi. They seek to hire an Internal Auditor who will be expected to independently carry out areas of audits assigned to him/her by the Audit Manager. He/she should be proactive and act as a business partner while performing audit reviews. Provide periodic reporting to Senior Internal Auditor and work as a team to achieve the overall audit objective.
Conduct integrated internal audits and special reviews to provide assurance regarding the existence and effectiveness of financial, compliance, operational & IT internal controls and advisory / consulting engagements. Plan and execute audit assignments in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (IPPF) and prepare formal written reports to management summarizing audit results and solutions to mitigate risk and improve operations.
- Participating in the annual audit plan and related risk assessments.
- Execute complete reviews of limited audit assignments, or conduct reviews of portions of extensive audit assignments, in accordance with accepted professional standards.
- Evaluating internal controls and interpreting field audit results of internal control weaknesses and lack of compliance with internal procedures and policies which may result in inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective operations. Identify opportunities to enhance operating efficiencies or reduce costs
- Provide recommendations to management for strengthening controls, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures and enhancing operations.
- Determining root cause(s) for raised issues, developing practical solutions and value-added recommendations, and concluding as to the effectiveness and efficiency of overall controls and business practices.
- Reviewing audit universe for inclusion or exclusion of new entities.
- Participate in gathering and evaluating large amounts of data in a variety of company settings.
- Develop audit working papers in accordance with departmental standards to complete the audit work and to support the audit finding and recommendations to management.
- Participate in developing audit programs.
- Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices as always considered. Performed all assigned audit duties in manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Create accurate, logical and detailed work-papers clearly describing the work performed, results of testing and conclusions reached.
- Participate in a variety of special projects and assist in special assignment upon request.
- Perform follow up audit.
- Must maintain ethical and moral standards both personally and within the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance.
- Professional certification (CA, ACCA, CPA, CIA, CMA, CISA, and CFE) and/or MBA is highly desirable.
- Experience in Trading and Manufacturing industries.
- 3-5 years relevant audit experience preferably in Big4 and / or large MNC internal auditing and an understanding of auditing techniques.
- A person, who has the ability to be innovative, focused and prepared to take our audit services to a new level.
- Strong functional skills, the right blend of business savvy, experience working in a team environment, evaluating policies and internal controls in an environment using emerging technologies, and experience in implementing best practices.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, the ability to think strategically.
- Superb time management and organization skills.
- Experience auditing or working in SAP environment is highly desirable.
- High level of operational knowledge in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is desirable
How to Apply
If you feel confident that you meet these expectations, please send in your CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com with email subject (Internal Auditor – Manufacturing) before Monday 14th September 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.