Internal Auditor Jobs, Audit Jobs 2020, Daystar University Jobs
Position: Internal Auditor
Implementing the audit strategy by auditing the University’s policies, systems, processes and procedures to ensure risks are identified and recommendations made for compliance while providing an independent and objective assurance that the University’s internal controls are adequate and operating effectively.
Reporting to the Audit and Compliance Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Carrying out and examining compliance with policies, procedures and sound practices in line with the University strategy
- Evaluating the adequacy of the system of internal controls including overall alignment and compliance to the set standards
- Identifying and reporting to management on significant risks in the various processes
- Contributing the assigned areas in the preparation of internal audit plan
- Preparing training materials and sensitizing risk champions and the University community on best practices that enable audit compliance
- Ensuring safe custody and retrieval of the audit documents • Carrying out independent verification of University assets
- Carrying out investigations relating to any financial misappropriation and non-compliance
- Implementing best practices in internal audit and governance
- Responsible for talent management in the department sections including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance
- Ensuring Christian and appropriate behaviour, both internal and external, in line with the institution’s Strategy
- Implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture
- Master’s degree in business from an accredited University
- 5 years audit experience
- Full CPA (K) and CISA qualifications
- Registered with the relevant professional bodies • Christian commitment and practice
How to Apply
Those interested in these challenging and rewarding positions should submit their application and detailed curriculum vitae with names and contacts of 3 referees to the address below on or before: 20th March, 2020.
All applications should be sent by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com clearly indicating the position you have applied for in the email’s subject line.
Hard copies will not be considered. Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.