Internal Audit & Risk Management Senior Assistant Director Job, Current Audit Jobs,
Grade MSEA 4
REF No. MSEA 6/10/2020 (1 Post)
Senior Assistant Director Internal Audit and Risk Management Job Grade MSEA 4 REF No. MSEA 6/10/2020 (1 Post)
Reporting to the Board the Senior Assistant Director Internal Audit and Risk Management will be responsible for the following;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the review and development of audit techniques and procedures;
- Leading teams to undertake undertaking comprehensive audits;
- Reviewing the Authority’s compliance with the relevant statutes, policies, rules, regulations, administrative government circulars and guidelines;
- Monitoring and evaluating audit reports; carrying out compliance tests;
- Verifying utilization Authority’s capitals;
- Verifying payments to ensure validity and accuracy;
- Implementing regulations pertaining to financial control and management;
- Carrying out risk assessment and developing management guidelines;
- Implementing annual audit plans and Committee reports;
- Directing and conducting audit inspections of the Authority’s records;
- Monitoring and reviewing implementation of audit programmes;
- Verifying data on periodical financial returns, estimates and expenditure; and
- Evaluating and documenting audit evidence.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have: –
- Served in the grade of Assistant Director, Internal Audit and Risk Officer Management or in a comparable position in public or private sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, ACA, CIA, CISA, CRISC or ACMA from a recognized institution;
- been a registered member of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) (Kenya Chapter) or any other a relevant professional body;
- A Leadership Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution; and
- demonstrated professional competence and management capabilities as reflected in work performance and results.
In addition, all prospective candidates MUST satisfy the requirements of leadership and integrity as set out in Chapter six (6) of the constitution of Kenya and will be required to provide the documents listed and the academic and professional certificates during interview.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission clearance certificate (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority Tax Compliance Certificate (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board Clearance Certificate (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Certificate from Credit Reference Bureau
How to apply
If you clearly believe that you to meet the criteria given above, please fill in the Job application form on the website and submit to the Email: email@example.com on or before 14th December, 2020. NB: Hard Copies will not be accepted.
MSEA is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from minority groups and PWD are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form shall lead to automatic disqualification