Internal Audit Jobs, Latest Audit Jobs, Sigalagala Polytechnic Jobs
Position: Internal Audit Assistant (1 Post) Ref: Snp/02/04/20 – Job Group ‘K’
Assisting the Internal Auditor in completing audits and reviews of processes, procedures and leading, developing and monitoring internal controls; conducting audits; evaluating the degree of internal control exercised by each person and providing updated procedures for the polytechnic.
- Assisting team with the use of accounting software both activity and college systems for the purpose of ensuring compliance with government
- supports audits of a variety of internal activities and/or procedures for the purpose of ensuring compliance with prescribed auditing standards, detecting issues occurring so proper resolution can be
- Collaborates with other staff members, independent audit staff, state agencies, etc. for the purpose of responding to questions with audits and/or preparing work aids, manuals, policies and procedures for use by college
- Coordinates the data processing system with financial data for the purpose of ensuring system is operating efficiently, effectively and
- Prepares a variety of reports, documents and other written materials (e.g. concise statistical, analytical reports, monthly travel report to Council, detailed audit findings, reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. staff, auditors, government agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information or direction related to polytechnic accounting issues and clarification as
- Assists in reviews of Polytechnic internal processes and controls (e.g. travel reimbursement related issues, college accounting manual, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring financial information is properly processed, reported, and
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Principal for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work
- CPA (K) or its recognized equivalent
- A bachelor’s degree in Commerce, accounting or Finance or any other related discipline.
- At least TWO (2) years experience in an equivalent position in a busy educational institution and demonstrate outstanding professional
- Ability to perform principles and practices of accounting and auditing including general ledger debit, credit, journal entries and audit
- Computer literacy in the relevant packages
- High level of
- Member of a relevant professional
How to apply
Interested and qualified individuals should send their applications, detailed CVs, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials together with national identity card so as to reach the undersigned not later than 6th May, 2020.
The Ag. Principal/Council Secretary Sigalagala National Polytechnic P.O.Box 2966-50100
SNP is an equal opportunity employer. Female and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.