Manager: Internal Audit Job, Audit Jobs 2020,
LVSWWDA 3: REF:-LVS/HR/INA/8/2020,
The position is responsible to the Board of Directors for the following:
- Providing secretarial services to the Audit and Risk Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Preparation of draft policies, strategies, plans and guidelines for the internal audit function.
- Implementation of policies, strategies, plans and guidelines of the internal audit function.
- Coordinating and performing the planning, budgeting, execution, monitoring and evaluation of the internal audit function.
- Conducting internal audits and compiling and tabling reports in compliance with the internal audit framework, industry standards and best practice.
- Performing special audits and investigations.
- Setting up and implementing internal audit systems in accordance with auditing standards and relevant laws.
- Testing the efficacy of the risk assessment and management systems.
- Monitoring and reporting on the overall risk profile of the Board of Directors.
- Supporting the various functions of the Agency in risk profiling.
- Reviewing the correctness and accuracy of financial reports and statements.
- Providing independent assurance on risk management processes in terms of design and operation.
- Assuring on risk control effectiveness, efficiency and adequacy.
- Provision of leadership and guidance to the internal audit team.
To effectively perform the outlined duties, the Agency seeks to recruit a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, commerce (finance), or business administration (finance) or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Master’s Degree in accounting, commerce (finance), or business administration (finance) or equivalent from a recognized university is an added advantage.
- Attended a management or leadership course lasting at least four weeks.
- Be a Certified Public Accountant of Kenya or its equivalent.
- Be a member of a relevant professional body in good standing.
- Be a licensed practitioner, where applicable.
- At least ten years of relevant experience in accounting or auditing.
- Five years of relevant experience in a supervisory position within a medium to large organization.
- At least three years relevant experience utilizing or auditing through an Enterprise Resource Planning System.
- Demonstrable negotiation, communication, networking, technical, analytical, strategic thinking, report writing, mentoring, coaching, problem solving, presentation and team leadership skills.
- Track record of high integrity, professional and ethical conduct.
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure.
- Track record of achievement of set performance targets.
- Meet requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.