Internal Audit Manager Job, Current Audit Jobs In Kenya,
KPC/ADVT/13/2020 -Grade KPC 3,
- Determining the objectives and scope of audit and develop overall programme for approval
- Supervising and assigning resources to Audit teams and assigning tasks to achieve audit objectives
- Ensuring that the audit is executed in accordance with Auditing standards
- Reviewing Audit reports from Audit teams to ensure quality and achievement of Audit objective.
- Liaising with Management and auditees in the planning and conducting of audit assignment
- Reviewing work papers, evidence and reports of the audit team to ensure that audit conclusions are consistent with the evidence received and well-documented
- Coordinating and conducting exit audit meeting/conferences with Management of the audited area to discuss findings, emerging risks and actions to address identified risks.
- Following up on audit recommendations to confirm the adequacy of implementation of agreed action plan
- Providing monthly progress reports and comparing audits performed against approved Annual Audit Plan.
- Identifying, implementing and benchmarking best practices in internal audit
- Formulate policies and procedures
- Prepare Board audit committee papers and minutes
- Liaison with External audits
- Monitor the budget of internal audits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) or Engineering or other recognized equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of ten (10) years in relevant work five (5) of which should have been at Senior Management level;
- Be in possession of any of the following CPA (K), CISA, CFE, CIA or its equivalent and either.
- Member of a professional body – Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK) and or Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIA-Kenya).
- Leadership Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks
- Proficiency in Computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Demonstrated competence in work performance.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of oil industry requirements including broad knowledge of international trends in auditing and corporate governance.
- Strong well developed written and verbal communication, intense concentration of mental and interpersonal skills including ability to conduct computerized audits/investigations and prepare relevant and quality reports
- Flexibility and responsiveness in handling and determining complaints, sound analytical skills and the ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in auditing through continuing professional education (CPE).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters
- Ability to solve complex and outstanding technical and administrative problems by generating alternative workable solutions
- Ability to deliver corporate articulated vision for change, create sense of urgency around change and motivate staff to join change effort.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage staff of different orientation.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to visit the KPC website www.kpc.co.ke under the Career Opportunities section where the Job Descriptions and Specifications as well as the User Manual containing instructions on how to apply for the positions have been posted.
All applications should be received not later than 5.00pm (East African Time) on Tuesday, 11th August 2020.
Candidates interested in positions in Grade KPC 3 are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. They must upload copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal investigations
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Kenya Pipeline Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.