Legal Officer Job, Latest Legal Kenyan Job Vacancies,
Provides legal, regulatory and compliance support to the divisions, departments and business teams, represents the Authority in legal proceedings, and effectively executes legal and operational risk management actions in accordance with the Directorate’s policies and procedures.
- Supervising and guiding legal assistants in the execution of their duties as instructed by the Senior Legal Officer
- Identifies and recommends actions on legal and compliance risks
- Provision of legal advice and opinions on all aspects of law
- Undertaking research on assigned legal issues
- Participate in legal representation and monitoring of legal matters in Court
- Participate in any alternative dispute resolution (ADR) mechanisms
- Receives and acts upon all court summons, pleadings and demand letters served upon the Authority
- Participates in the instruction, appraisal and supervision of external legal counsel representing the Authority in court, tribunal and other legal proceedings
- Updating the litigation register, court diary and bring-up diary
- Drafting pleadings, legal instruments, contracts, leases and any other legal documents
- Bachelors’ degree in laws from a recognized institution
- Certificate in Computer Proficiency
- Licensed Court Process Server
- Meets the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution
How to Apply
- Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card.
- The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, day-time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
- Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be delivered at the Insurance Regulatory Authority (Registry Section) at Zep-Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g “REF:SO/01” for Supervision Officer). Alternatively, they may be sent by post or email to:
Commissioner of Insurance & Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority
P.O Box 43505-00100
EMAIL : [email protected]
Applications must be received by close of business on 21st June 2022.
In accordance with The Employment (Amendment) Act, 2022, the Authority will require candidates it wishes to enter into a written contract of service with to comply with Chapter Six of the Constitution by submitting mandatory compliance and clearance certificates from the relevant entities
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.