Deputy Director Human Resources and Administration Job, Latest Director Jobs In Kenya,
Position: Deputy Director of Human Resources and Administration
Report to: Director of Corporate Affairs
Department: Human Resource and Administration
Grade: IGRTC Grade 3
Salary Scale: KES 153, 480.00 – 218, 391.00
House Allowance: KES 50,000.00
Commuter Allowance: KES 16,000.00
Leave Allowance: As per the existing allowances in the Committee
Annual Leave: 30 working days
Medical Cover: As per the existing scheme in the Committee
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
This position is responsible for overseeing the activities of the department including planning, implementing and evaluating human resource policies, programs and practices and managing employee relations.
- Coordinate and design the establishment of policies, procedures and guidelines for all programs of the directorate.
- Oversee the development, review and update the Division’s budget and work plan to support its operations
- Develop key accountability measures, set targets for the directorate and appraise staff against agreed set targets.
- Undertaking performance review of the Division and appraisal of staff working under him/her.
- Liaise with senior management team to develop staffing plans for efficient, professional recruitment process.
- Develop training needs assessment tools and conduct needs survey to inform the annual training plan to meet current and projected organizational needs.
- Conduct HRM training projections and prepare training programs for implementation.
- Oversee the timely preparation of the payroll and administration of other staff benefits.
- Oversee the administration of staff pension/gratuity, medical insurance scheme, work injury and group life cover.
- Coordinate the timely statutory and non-statutory deductions and remittance
- Coordinate implementation and continuous update of succession plans
- Work closely with all line managers to assess employee performance against agreed performance indicators and identify areas of growth and development mentoring, counselling and coaching staff in the division
- Ensure compliance with the approved work plans and execution timelines.
- Coordinate preparation of the department’s quarterly and general monitoring reports.
- Oversee the mandate of the various committees established to coordinate staff welfare activities, performance management, health and safety and employee relations.
- Liaise with directors in developing and implementing standard operating procedures and organizational service chart.
- Be the custodian of staff personnel files and ensure confidentiality.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to pay attention to details;
- Ability to observe and understand business processes; ensure processes are documented completely and accurately;
- Self-driven individual with ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism;
- Strong time-management and organization skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Management, Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Planning and Management, Communication, Policy Analysis, Leadership and Governance/Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Kenya
- Have a postgraduate/higher diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications/Membership to professional bodies
- Be a member of IHRM or an internationally recognized institution in good standing.
- Hold a valid practicing certificate from IHRM.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution and attach clearance certificates from DCI- Certificate of good conduct, EACC, HELB -Compliance Certificate , KRA – Compliance Certificate and CRB – Clearance Certificate
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Have at least eight (8) years professional experience in public service three of which should be in the level of Assistant Director or an equivalent senior management position.
Have served in a reputable organisation for eight (8) years, three (3) of which should be in a senior management position.
- Have demonstrable competence in administration of not less than three (3) years;
- Candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and attach all relevant clearance certificates when submitting their applications.
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- IGRTC is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. Therefore, people with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
How to Apply
Applications should reach the Committee on or before 4th July 2022 latest 5.00 pm
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications to;
Ag. Chief Executive Officer
Intergovernmental Relations Technical Committee
Parklands Plaza, Chiromo Lane/Muthithi Road Junction, Westlands
P.O Box 44880-00100
Through email; [email protected], Subject of the email “Deputy Director HR and Administration”
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.