Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The Humanitarian Leadership and Management School Facilitator (HLMS) is an active member of the Humanitarian Leadership and Management School team working to meet its objectives. S/he mainly facilitates, delivers the HLMS Modules and contribute to the design and modification of the learning content. The HLMS Facilitator actively supports and assists the participants in continuing their learning process via the Reflective practice and learning model and to root adapted behaviors within the participant’s working environment.
Tasks and responsibilities
· Delivers all the sessions/lectures of the HLMS Modules;
· Animates and initiates discussions amongst cohort members of each Module on the HLMS platform;
· Facilitate group work, discussions, exercises, and reflection of the cohorts around any of the topics within a Module and around the key messages of each session;
· Review the participants’ chosen work situation and the “Framework of Reflective Writing” with them as well as assist them through the process in this phase;
· Guide the participants through the process of integrating relevant learning highlights within their working situation when needed;
· Discuss and give feedback on the assignments upon completion by the participants. Coach and give support when needed;
· Takes the leading role in the team of facilitators, responsible for the group of participants and the group of facilitators;
· Ensures the learning objectives are met during the face-to-face efficiently and effectively;
· Produces the course report including all the relevant elements;
· Shares lessons learnt and relevant elements from the course with the global team;
· Ensure efficient administrative and logistical support is in place for the participants and facilitation team;
· Acts as HLMS focal point in the Regional LnD Unit and region covered by it for all related matters (rules and regulations, organisation …etc.);
· Contributes to the content creation of the some of the sessions when needed;
· Updates the modification of the sessions, respecting the key messages, to better assist the participants in their learning process;
· In coordination with the HLMS Design team at the Head Quarters, constant update of the Technical Sheets to cover all the relevant messages and the new approaches to delivering sessions;
· Active participation in the HLMS Global meetings and other forums when requested.
Minimum Requirements and competencies
· University degree (preferably Master’s) in leadership, adult education, or other relevant discipline;
· Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in learning and development as a trainer/facilitator;
· Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in managing and leading teams or programs, coaching and/or HR functions;
· Experience in leadership and management development design;
· Strong and proven competence in training design and delivery (needs analysis, pedagogical design, course animation);
· Strong communication skills as well as ability to handle big groups of diverse participants including senior managers;
· Experience in an international organization or NGO;
· Certificate of good conduct.
How to Apply
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 23rd September 2021 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
The reference HLMS Facilitator must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE*.