Assistant (Learning And Development Unit) Jobs at ICRC
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti. It also runs regional specialist units that provide support and expertise to the ICRC’s delegations in Africa.
The Regional Delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of; Assistant (Learning and Development unit) (Open to Kenyan Nationals only)
Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Providing clerical and administrative support; Assisting with day to day operations of the unit in the absence of trainers & Senior assistant; Coordinate conferences and/or requested services including reserving conference rooms and facilitating participants’ needs;
- Facilitate and coordinate ground transportation; Assist staff with overflow work including word processing, data entry and research tasks;
- Maintain files, databases and update internal trackers as guided;
- Welcome and attend to guests and answer the office telephone;
- Maintains the stores and inventory of stationary; Coordinate extensively with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members both at Headquarters and in the Offices away from Headquarters;
- Any other assignments as determined by unit needs.
Requirements for the Assistant Job:
- Diploma in Office management and administration
- Supplementary training in Programme / Project management / Administration is desired; Minimum three (3) years of experience in administrative and/or operational management;
- Excellent English writing skills and speaking ability. Knowledge of French will be an added advantage;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload:
- Aggressive and Result Oriented; Outstanding Organizational and time management skills;
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
- Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication;
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings;
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed; Identify issues requiring supervisor’s attention and refers others to relevant Team Leaders for appropriate action;
How to Apply:
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to: Human Resource Office on the address below, before 29th September, 2017. Please include a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees. (Indicate the position title on the subject line).
International Committee of the Red Cross,
Nairobi Regional Delegation, Denis Pritt Road,
P.O. Box 73226, Nairobi, 00200, Kenya:
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.