Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and other forms of violence and provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi is a hub that co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti and hosts the organizations’ regional logistics, technical and training support units serving the Horn and Great Lakes Region.
The Humanitarian Affairs Adviser 3 enables the delegation to understand and influence the wider humanitarian environment in the given context. S/He also helps it shape its engagement with both multilateral and regional fora as well as UN-led fora in-country.
Tasks and responsibilities
· Identify priority themes of interest within the Regional Economic Communities (RECs) and the African Union decentralized Organs;
· Identify diplomatic opportunities and systematic updates of the “RECs table of events”;
· Collect and analyse relevant information in order to identify the issues on the humanitarian multilateral arena so as to enable if so required an adequate positioning of the Institution;
· Analyse on a regular basis the positioning of the country/countries, the Organizations and key interlocutors covered by the Delegation, on thematic issues identified in consultation with the Delegation, the Region and the ICRC Delegation to the African Union;
· Identify, prepare and/or follow-up of relevant events (e.g. conferences, workshops, meetings) on multilateral issues and represent the ICRC, with the support of the Head of Delegation and the Head of Regional Affairs;
· Promote within multilateral circles, institutional and operational messages through distribution of documents, declarations, press releases, or facts sheets;
· Familiarize with structures, objectives and mandates of the REC(s) and the African Union decentralized Organs covered by the Delegation. Manage the institutional relation with these Organisations, reinforce the cooperation in the areas of institutional interest and secure a better acceptance of the Institution;
· Identify and establish a structured dialogue with African NGOs, Think tanks and Civil Society Organisations (CSOs);
· Participate at the consultative platform on humanitarian coordination involving important actors, notably the International Organisations working in same operational contexts as ICRC, and positioning the Institution vis-à-vis UN clusters system;
· During Kenya tenure at UNSC, develop and maintain a close relationship with the Kenya MFA UNSC(AU PSC cell to inform and influence Kenya on humanitarian issues discussed in these fora;
· Establish regular meetings with the Management team on key Humanitarian Diplomacy issues;
· In charge of the delegation’s humanitarian affairs budget.
Minimum Requirements and competencies
· Minimum University degree in International Relations, Political Sciences or Law (focus on International Public Law);
· Minimum 8 years of experience with an International Organization, an INGO, the Foreign Service or institutions dealing with international and regional affairs;
· Very good knowledge of the humanitarian environment (actors and issues at stake);
· Confirmed experience in project management, including strategic planning and budget management;
· Certificate of good conduct.
How to Apply
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 02nd April 2021 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
The reference Humanitarian Affairs Adviser 3 must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE*.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter