Housekeeping Supervisor Job, Current Job Vacancies In Kenya,
ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of: Housekeeping Supervisor. (This is a Kenyan National Position).
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The Housekeeper Supervisor ensures that ICRC premises are clean and supervises a team of Housekeepers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise the housekeeping services and ensure that the tasks are done properly;
- Report anomalies to the premises responsible or to the head of maintenance without delay;
- Performs daily visit to the assigned residences and monitor work of the housekeepers, conducts trainings, guidelines and gives and takes feedback;
- Shares the weekly reports to the concerned based on house visit and follows-up progress;
- Ensure proper planning of the housekeepers in each residence considering the workload and without any discrimination;
- Do spot checks in the residences;
- Implement and update the checklist of task to be filled by the housekeeper in every residence;
- Is responsible for the inventory of ICRC premises;
- Report any discrepancies of inventory to the premises responsible;
- Coordinate ordering and replenishing house items as per the standard lists;
- Write and implement the standard operating procedures and weekly reports;
- Manage, appraise and assess the housekeepers in various residences;
- Keep housekeepers informed of events, decisions, rules and other changes introduced in the delegation;
- Handle complains, and requests linked to housekeeping;
- Supervise coordinate with outsourced cleaners to ensure all offices are properly cleaned and report any issues to the premises responsible;
- Understands and supervises the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities for employees under their supervision;
- Engages in ongoing and continuous feedback and support, particularly for employees under their supervision, but also other staff members;
- Plans and coordinates the annual leave of the employees under their supervision ensuring continuity of the operations throughout the year and making sure that there are no outstanding holiday balances at the end of the year;
- Coordinates and supports the employees under their supervision in their personal development by coaching and advising them on internal and external training and development possibilities.
- Minimum relevant Diploma in Hospitality Management;
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in hotel housekeeping management;
- Previous working experience with International Organizations (preferred);
- Excellent command of written and spoken English Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Ability to problem solve quickly and prioritize daily tasks according to their importance;
- Attentive to details with high sense of confidentiality and integrity;
- Good presentation and analytical skills;
- High degree of flexibility and responsiveness.
How to Apply
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 01st July 2022 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
– Application Link
– E-mail: [email protected]
The reference HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.