Technical Advisor Surveillance Job, NGO Jobs Kenya September,
ICAP of Columbia University (registered in Kenya as Center for International Programs-Kenya) is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health to strengthen Public Health Initiatives in Kenya.
Applications are invited for the following fixed term PROJECT RISE POSITIONS
JOB TITLE: Technical Advisor Surveillance/IPC and AMR (1 Position)
Overall job function:
To provide overall technical advise in the planning and implementation of acute febrile illnesses (AFI) surveillance in multiple sentinel surveillance sites
- Facilitate and offer technical support in planning and implementing of evaluation activities, including protocol design, implementation, data collection, data analysis and reporting writing.
- Prepare Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), train facility Health Care Workers and Implementation staff
- Complete and compile all necessary research documentation and information to gain appropriate regulatory and ethical approval.
- Ensure adherence to evaluation standards and ethical protocols.
- Oversee the work of surveillance officers, laboratory technologists and health facility recorders working at surveillance sites
- Onboarding of new AFI sentinel surveillance sites
- Conduct scheduled supervisory visits to each site to assess surveillance procedures
- Take an active role in motivating and improving surveillance team’s performance
- Maintain regular communication with site leads
- Receive and act on feedback from site leads
- Provide regular updates to the PI and other surveillance investigators
- Coordinate the specimen shipping from the study sites to the KEMRI CGHR laboratory in Nairobi
- Coordinate site visits by other investigators and visitors with the hospital administration
- Coordinate regular dissemination of summarized surveillance findings to the surveillance sites and co-investigators
- Work closely with administrative staff to provide support to field teams
- Manage surveillance clinical and laboratory supplies requests, ensuring timely delivery.
- To lead design and analysis of data for key conference presentations and manuscripts.
- Clinical Medicine with an advanced degree in epidemiology and/or medical statistics.
- At least 5 years’ experience in evaluation and research.
- Strong statistical data analysis skills in the health field.
- Training and experience working with IPC, AMR and Disease Surveillance
- Preference will be given to those with medical background, IPC, AMR and QI.
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 referees (one who should be at least your current/previous supervisor) should be sent to the Country Director, [email protected] on or before September 23rd 2021.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.