Surveillance Coordinator Job, NGO Jobs Kenya 2021,
ICAP of Columbia University (registered in Kenya as Center for International Programs-Kenya) is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health to strengthen Public Health Initiatives in Kenya.
Applications are invited for the following fixed term PROJECT RISE POSITIONS
JOB TITLE: Surveillance Coordinator
Overall job function:
Reporting to the Surveillance Technical Advisor, the Surveillance coordinator will routinely supervise the surveillance officers and report to the technical advisor surveillance
- Oversee the work of surveillance officers, laboratory technologists and health facility recorders working at surveillance sites
- With support of the surveillance advisor, conduct scheduled supervisory visits to each site to assess surveillance procedures and processes.
- Develop weekly and monthly surveillance progress reports for all the sentinel sites
- Maintain regular communication with site leads
- Review site feedback and submit to the surveillance advisor for further discussions and decisions
- Act as a point person for specimen shipping from the study sites to the KEMRI CGHR laboratory in Nairobi
- Summarize both clinical and laboratory supplies requests for proper and timely action
- Support other IPC activities within ICAP as requested.
- Clinical Officer or a nursing officer with an advanced degree in public health and epidemiology.
- Hands on experience in IPC, AMR and Disease Surveillance
- At least 5 years’ experience in research and Quality Improvement activities including QI Collaborative
- Good communication, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience in disease surveillance and outbreak investigation is desirable
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (Previous experience in a Camp setting will be an added advantage).
- Computer literate
- Experience in clinical research will be an added advantage though it’s not a must.
- Evidence of involvement in community health work a plus
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 referees (one who should be at least your current/previous supervisor) should be sent to the Country Director, [email protected] on or before September 23rd 2021.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.