Research Study Coordinator Job, NGO Job Vacancies In Kenya 2021,
ICAP of Columbia University (registered in Kenya as Center for International Programs-Kenya) is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health to strengthen Public Health Initiatives in Kenya.
Applications are invited for the following fixed term PROJECT RISE POSITIONS
JOB TITLE: Research Study Coordinator (i-COPE)
Overall job function
Under the direction of the Director of Programs, the Study Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating a countrywide public health surveillance initiative. Responsibilities include coordinating activities to ensure project deliverables are met on time and providing routine progress updates to key stakeholders.
- Support the coordination efforts between country office and the county surveillance teams in strengthening the existing disease surveillance program.
- Provide technical assistance to government stakeholders to develop, evaluate and/or update surveillance systems, epidemiologic and surveillance methods.
- To conduct landscaping and gap identification of the existing disease surveillance system in the country and develop strategies for implementing.
- Develop operational guidelines, tools, checklists and the other necessary resource materials for training and capacity building of health workers on surveillance.
- Prepare training calendars and plans for roll out of the ICAP public health surveillance trainings for health workers.
- Plan, facilitate and supervise the trainings of the county surveillance officers and Epidemiologists.
- Act as a key technical resource person to build capacity of the project staff and the state for IHIP roll out.
- Organize and monitor timely collection, compilation and analysis of surveillance data from all the county health facilities and take appropriate action and give feedback to the concerned reporting agencies
- Initiate and guide outbreak investigations promptly following the Standard Operating procedures.
- Work with Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team at national and state level to establish systems for tracking progress, indicators and deliverables according to agreed work-plans to ensure state and donor requirements are met
- Provide quantitative inputs into evidence-based planning of intervention deployment, and design and implement monitoring and evaluation activities to measure impact
- Coordinate regular meetings of key strategic stakeholders, lab partners, field epidemiologists, training partners and potential vertical program collaborations and assist in inter-sectoral coordination for effective IHIP implementation.
- Support TB component strengthening under the project in close coordination with the STL MP and the state nodal officer, Tuberculosis.
- Perform other duties as required in the interest of the program and any other work/activity assigned from time to time.
- Support country office team for any other advocacy support related to larger mandates of strengthening comprehensive primary health care services in the state.
- Bachelors’ degree in health sciences such as Medicine, Nursing or Lab science required
- Master’s in public health, epidemiology, pediatrics, statistics or related field preferred
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in qualitative and/or quantitative survey data collection involving human subjects
- Demonstrated experience organizing, leading and participating in field-level data collection as part of a survey, assessment or program monitoring
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience leading and working with a team
- Experience working with diverse, medically underserved populations
- Strong understanding of the Kenyan health context and experience working with people living with HIV/AIDS strongly preferred
- High level of expertise in report writing in English
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and 3 referees (one who should be at least your current/previous supervisor) should be sent to the Country Director, [email protected] on or before September 23rd 2021.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.