Communications NGO Jobs at ICAP
Reporting to the KENPHIA Project Director, the Technical Communications Officer will be responsible for preparing accurate project reports, standard operating procedures, training manuals and developing the communications strategy for the project alongside the Ministry of Health.
Technical Communications Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with technical staff from ICAP and project stakeholders including the Ministry of Health to develop promotional information and communication material that will explain complex information in a clear and concise manner to key audiences in English and Kiswahili
- Coordinate and ensure implementation of project and survey communication strategy, including communications at national, county and community levels
- Lead an effective media engagement strategy through working with stakeholders to develop, write, lay out, produce and distribute a range of key communications materials, including but not limited to: briefs to policy makers and national and community leaders, press-releases, feature articles, opinion pieces, brochures for participant recruitment, radio spots, banners, posters, and project teams branded dressing
- Organize and coordinate project events as required including workshops, trainings, sensitization and dissemination events
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Qualifications for the Technical Communications Job
- A degree in mass communication including media and photography with experience in technical writing within the life sciences.
- Experience working as a journalist for a major media house or newspaper for at least 3 years strongly preferred. Experience in HIV or health related work would be a bonus.
- Excellent writing and communication skills English and Kiswahili
- Computer proficiency including web‐based applications, flair for working with visual materials; a powerful creative eye; audio visual presentation design skills are desirable.
- Keen understanding of traditional media, social media and use of new technologies for communication.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to the Director-Human Resources, [email protected] on or before November 24, 2017. Please include a concise current CV not exceeding 3 pages including telephone number and three referees (one who should be a current or previous supervisor). Salary will be commensurate with experience inclusive of attractive benefits.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.