Executive Assistant Job at I Choose Life – Africa
I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is a leading Kenyan NGO registered in 2004. ICL works using the Quadra Helix Model of partnering with the Government of Kenya, through the Ministries of Health, Education, Agriculture, Youth Affairs and Vision 2030 among others, Corporates, Universities and Civil Society Organisations, to design interventions to solve problems in different communities.
ICL has programs around four pillars namely Jiimarishe (Health), Jiinue (Economic Empowerment), Jielimishe (Education), Jiongoze (leadership and Governance). The programs are anchored in over 234 learning institutions (Primary, Secondary and tertiary institutions) across 23 Counties in Kenya that reach over 1 Million youth annually.
ICL’s vision is to see a ‘Healthy Africa, Empowered People!’ The organization seeks to support to the implementation of Vision 2030 through the cascading it to the Counties.
ICL’s mission is to create a movement of individuals that enhance the quality of life for communities through health initiatives, economic empowerment, academic & career mentoring and improved leadership & governance.
To provide support to the Chief Executive Officer, management and the organization through discharging secretarial and administrative duties and activities.
Roles for the Executive Assistant Job
- Providing quality secretarial and support services to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Maintaining confidentiality and integrity of correspondence in the Office by drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information and initiating communication.
- Maintaining the CEO appointment schedules and diary by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and making local and overseas travel arrangements
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts and emails
- Maintain all calendars/diaries, schedule appointments and take responsibility for meeting room management and ensure that the team members are well prepared
- Handling all incoming and outgoing correspondence including e-mails, general correspondence and other communication,
- Drafting of letters, presentations, minutes and reports as directed by the CEO
- Processing visa applications and renewals for passports for the CEO
- Facilitating and coordinating Executive Team meetings including senior management team meetings with the CEO
- Co-ordinate all pertinent travel arrangements for the team and external partners including booking of hotels, flights and other associated arrangements
- Coordinate all ICL Board Relations including Board Orientation, Board Meetings and minutes and all Board correspondence as directed by the CEO
- Provide support to program staff in organizing workshops, trainings and conferences
- Maintaining of an accurate filing and record system including organization’s electronic inventory
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office stationery supplies
- Ensure that office cleanliness and hygiene are maintained
- Take minutes during and keep board meeting records
- Handle and distribute all incoming and outgoing correspondences
- Handle requests for information and data including file location, retrieval from Registry and closing files
- Any other duties that the job holder may be asked to do from time to time
Executive Assistant Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Professional HR qualification and membership to a HR body e.g. IHRM
- Knowledge of Kenyan labour laws and practices
- At least 3 years’ experience as a HR generalist in a busy multi-cultural environment preferably an NGO
- Computer literate with proficiency in email and Microsoft applications. Knowledge of HRM information systems will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of a degree in communication & marketing, PR or customer relations
- A Diploma/Certificate in secretarial studies, customer relations will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated high skill level in MS Office
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience preferably in PA, secretarial/admin role
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written & spoken)
- Attention to detail and able to work with minimum supervision
- Must have flexibility, initiative and be reliable
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- High level of integrity, tact and confidentiality
How to Apply
Apply now at http://www.teamiq.com/ICL/2709
Applications should be complete and submitted before the close of business on 21 July 2017.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.