Humanitarian & Social Mobilization Assistant Director Job, Latest Director Jobs in Kenya,s
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, HUMANITARIAN AND SOCIAL MOBILIZATION – SIX (6)
POSTS – V/NO. 235/2020
Salary Scale: Ksh. 87,360- Ksh.121, 430 p.m. (CSG 7)
House Allowance: Ksh.16, 800 – 45,000p.m (depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance: Ksh. 12,000p.m
Leave Allowance: As existing in the Civil Service
Annual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
Medical Cover: As provided by the government
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:
- served for a minimum period of eight (8) years and currently serving in the grade of Senior Humanitarian and Social Mobilization Officer CSG 9 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the wider public service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Entrepreneurship, Development Studies, Business Management, Counselling, Psychology, Disaster Management and Conflict Resolution, Law, Education, Urban and Regional Planning, Economics, Statistics, Agriculture, Livestock, Range Management, Dry Land Resource Management, Natural Resource Management,
Water Resource Management, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Hydro Engineering, Engineering in Mining and Mineral Processing, Petroleum Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Renewable Energy, Environmental Science, Geospatial/Geomatic, Information Science, Public Health, Veterinary Medicine, Medicine, Food Science and Nutrition, Nursing, Project Planning/Management or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya; and
- demonstrated professional competence as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be deployed either at the Headquarter or ASAL County. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- implementing policies and strategies on ASAL development programmes;
- providing technical guidance and capacity building support in the area of specialization;
- providing input in the development of County integrated development plans;
- tracing and preparing reports on development initiatives;
- creating awareness and advocacy on ASAL issues;
- undertaking research and providing innovative strategies on ASAL development issues;
- monitoring, evaluating and implementation of programmes and projects;
- overseeing the operation of the knowledge management centre;
- initiating development of project proposals and design for funding purposes
- liaising with other government institutions and stakeholders on resource assessment, mapping, resource mobilization, allocation and preparing inventory;
- promoting linkages with stakeholders on ASAL issues; and
- identifying emerging trends and proposing appropriate strategies for managing ASAL development issues.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Those who applied earlier need not re-apply. Applications should reach the Commission on or before 29th September 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)