Our client, a Manufacturing Company is seeking to hire an energetic and result oriented Human Resource Officer who has demonstrated the ability to perform well.
The Human Resource Officer will maintain and enhance the company’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. Human Resource Officer will also take the responsibility to manage administration and support operation functions of the office such as OSHA and WIBA.
- Develop and implement HR initiatives and systems
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program especially for daily casuals.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Provide advisory services on all labour laws and union matters
- Ensure that there is no industrial unrest and keep firmly grounded on worker issues and any developments on the shop floor.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records (according to policy and legal requirements) including leave.
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Create staff schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels.
- Provide necessary training to employees such as first aid, efficiency and general work ethics.
- Monitor and review the performance of all staff and organize necessary interventions for improvement
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Work with other supervisors to implement the company’s policies and goals.
- Ensure compliance to Health and Safety Standards in line with the company policies
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing the employment and Labour laws and ensuring that any other policy and regulation governing the company is adhered to.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Certificate in Microsoft Office
- 5 years minimum experience in a HR department preferably in the manufacturing sector
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Team player
- Ability to negotiate with union representatives or labour officers
- Knowledge of labour laws
- Results oriented and must uphold high levels of integrity
- Must have ability to train and excellent report writing skills
How to Apply
If you are interested in the above position, please apply by emailing your CV with a cover letter indicating your daytime telephone numbers, address, and your salary expectation to:
E-mail address: [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 30th January, 2019 and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.