Human Resource Internship at Andela
Andela is a global engineering organization that connects leading technology companies and talented software developers from around the world. We enable companies to build high-performing engineering teams while providing a platform for talented technologists to accelerate their expertise. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders.
About the Role
Andela is seeking a People and Culture Intern to work with the People and Culture team to build our organizational capacity and ensure we are creating an environment in which our staff can realize their full potential.
Responsibilities for the Human Resource Internship
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide administrative support to People & Culture team
- Monitoring the leave system.
- Processing staff IDs for new staff.
- Complete appropriate paperwork for new and exit employees.
- Management of the medical scheme.
- Conduct background checks.
- Update the HRIS with personnel documents
- File physical HR records in HR filing cabinet.
- Coordinate recruitment activities(i.e. scheduling job interviews)
- Process documentation related to personnel activities (training, performance evaluations etc)
- Coordinate the People & Culture events
- Obtain work permits for Non-Kenyan citizens.
- Any other duties assigned by your Line Manager.
Qualifications for the Human Resource Internship
- Bachelor Degree in business related field.
- Higher National Diploma from IHRM.
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Eagerness to learn/innovative.
- Ability to uphold utmost confidentiality
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team oriented environment.
- Detail oriented.
- A passion to pursue a career in HR.
- Proficient in google docs and e-mail.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of HR documents and other personal information
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Must be a nice person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
How To Apply
Click here to apply. Deadline: 30th June, 2017 .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.