Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Human Resource Assistant-Talent Acquisition
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Recruitment Assistant will be responsible for supporting the HR officer with filling open positions to meet demands of CWS RSC Africa.
This individual will support HRO talent acquisition to pro-actively source, advertise, reference check and do final negotiations for open positions. The HRA may also help in interviewing. HRA will follow recruitment strategies to increase CWS RSC Africa talent pool and pipelines, and will provide input to ensure CWS Africa has diverse global talent that performs at a high level responding to the changing needs of the organization. HRA will implement CWS Africa Recruitment best practices that ensure timely selection of top talent, and will recruit for talent that will support CWS RSC Africa organizational culture.
This position reports directly to the HRO Talent acquisition.
• Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of relevant paid experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree required. Diploma in Human Resources strongly preferred.
• Member of the Institute of Human Resources Management (IHRM) will be an added advantage.
• One-year experience in a busy HR office is required.
• Experience in the Non-Governmental sector preferred.
Knowledge and skills
• Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access
• Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written Excellent organizational and time management skills
Excellent understanding of confidentiality.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand, process, and document information
The Human Resources Assistant must have the ability to:
• Communicate effectively in both orally and written;
• Maintain high level of confidentiality and integrity of personnel records;
• Interpret and apply good HR practice and principles with good judgment;
• work as a member of a team in a multi-cultural environment;
• manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
• maintain high performance standard with attention to detail;
• follow instructions from supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
• conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of the RSC and CWS/IRP;
• Contribute to the US Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa.
• Demonstrated excellent organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated computer skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Physical: This position requires bending, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying light loads.
Environmental: Incumbents in this position will work in an open plan office.
Certificate of Good Conduct issued within the last one year (12 months) is required before the start of employment.
None Competencies Communication
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Program Planning and Management
Organize work and/or plan projects and ensure timely completion and/or successful implementation. Examples of skills and behaviors include identifying and analyzing program options; identifying the tasks and deliverables required for successful completion; managing one’s time; monitoring the resources involved and ensuring that they are directed most effectively; and working with all involved to ensure successful completion.
Guide and direct oneself or other individuals and groups toward a desired outcome. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking the appropriate level of initiative to resolve problems or remove obstacles, bringing individuals together around a common goal; evaluating information and making decisions; navigating conflict and obstacles; and ensuring that communication takes place between all parties involved.
Resource Building and Stewardship
Balance the acquisition or investment of organization resources with responsible use of those resources in line with the organization’s mission. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking advantage of all opportunities to cultivate potential donors; evaluating situations to identify the best use of resources; and making responsible investments of resources that increase organization effectiveness.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter