Human Resource Assistant Job, Latest HR Jobs,
POSITION: Human Resource Assistant
DEADLINE: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
DURATION: One Year (renewable
START DATE: ASAP
ELIGIBILITY: Kenyan Nationals only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: is a non-profit organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. In close partnership with decision makers — the policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors working with the poor around the world — IPA designs and evaluates potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations, the most rigorous evaluation method available. We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
The Human Resource Assistant, under the general supervision of the Senior Human Resource Associate and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies and procedures, helps coordinate and facilitate the Human Resource Department activities, functions and processes. Below is a list of general duties and responsibilities of the Human Resource Assistant, to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Senior Human Resource Associate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and selection
• Maintain a database of job postings made by IPA within a month for both national and international jobs.
• In consultation with the HRM and Senior HR Associate coordinate shortlisting of qualified applicants according to pre-specified criteria provided by hiring managers.
• Schedule and organize interviews.
• Inform unsuccessful applicants officially through email.
Onboarding & Orientation
• Facilitate induction of new staff.
• Support the planning and scheduling of orientation for new hires to discuss IPAK’s policies.
• Preparing, monitoring and renewing of staff contracts
• Ensure that all performance plans and appraisal forms are filed in all respective staff files
• Notify relevant managers of approaching end of contract and follow up with renewals as instructed by managers.
Leave and timesheet management
• Ensure monthly database updated of staff leave/sick day leave balances within stipulated time frame.
• Assist in tracking absenteeism within the projects.
• Ensure that all staff taking leave/vacation have the required approvals from their supervisors.
• Monitor all the Maternity/Paternity leave cases within projects.
• Periodically remind staff within the project through their immediate supervisors to use leave days during the year to avoid carry forward of leave days.
• Work hand in hand with the HR Associate to ensure that timesheets are timely submitted and assist where need be.
Database & Personnel File Maintenance
• Ensure that the staff database is updated with all relevant information required and inactive staff captured separately.
• Ensure all HR documents are scanned and saved on Box.
• Ensure Staff files are labelled clearly and arranged in accordance to staff numbers.
• Carry out other duties as shall be assigned from time to time by HRM as part of IPAK daily activities.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or any other business-related course and Higher diploma in Human Resource Management or its equivalent;
● An active member of the Institute of Human Resource Management;
● 2 years of HR experience preferably with similar organization;
● Good oral and written communications skills;
● Excellent organizational skills;
● Familiarity with Kenya labor laws;
● Computer skills – MS Word, Excel and Microsoft packages;
● A strong team player and committed to diversity, equal opportunity and capacity building;
● Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline;
● Previous experience in providing remote support is highly desirable;
● Flexible, motivated and ability to persistently complete tasks;
● Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and communicate with various levels of staff;
● Strong work ethic, team player and demonstrated experience in supervising junior staff;
● Well organized and keen to detail;
● Person of high integrity and confidentiality;
● Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
● Willingness to travel across IPAK field offices in Kenya.
Please click here to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a ROLLING BASIS.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Human Resource Assistant-Field Office Kenya. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities.
Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.