Human Resource Manager Job, Latest HR Jobs, Administration Jobs 2020,
GENERAL MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCE AND ADMINISTRATION GRADE REREC 2 (1 POST)
- Overseeing operations of Human Resource Management, Administration and Security services departments;
- Providing professional leadership in the development and implementation of human resources, Administration and Security Services plans and budgets, outlining activities to be undertaken, resource requirements, key performance measures and indicators as well as expected outcomes;
- Overseeing the operations of Human Resource Management, Administration and Security Services Department;
- Conducting workforce analysis, determine optimum staff requirements and design organizational structure that maximizes synergies across functions to support the implementation of the approved strategic plan;
- Analyzing organizational structures, business processes and workplace relationships in order to eliminate hierarchical layers and strengthen opportunities for increased collaboration through flexible work teams;
- Conducting job analysis in order to develop job descriptions and competency profiles to facilitate human resources planning, staff recruitment and selection, performance management, training and development, job evaluation and pay structure design as well as career planning;
- Coordinating the recruitment and selection process in order to ensure that REREC has a critical mass of qualified human resource with the required competencies necessary for implementation of functional strategic management plans;
- Developing and coordinating the implementation of staff induction and on-the job orientation programmes aimed at providing new staff with relevant information about the technical and social aspects of their work;
- Assessing training needs analysis and baseline attitude surveys in order to design and implement relevant training programmes aimed at building capacity by equipping staff with the necessary knowledge, skills and behaviour characteristics in line with the strategic plan;
- Coordinating the implementation of the performance management system and ensure that individual and team performance is continuously monitored and measured against realistic but challenging targets aligned to the strategic direction by clearly defining performance measures and indicators, expected timeframe as well as resource requirements;
- Overseeing implementation of an effective human resource management information system for monitoring, tracking and evaluating employee activities including staff training, performance management and welfare programmes;
- Overseeing proper maintenance, storage and security of personnel records to ensure integrity of data and information related to human resources development programmes as well as administrative support services;
- Coordinating resolution of employee grievances and disciplinary cases, recommending appropriate action to resolve problems as well as assisting employees to find satisfactory solutions to personal problems through counselling services;
- Administering employee welfare including workers compensation through the appropriate benefit schemes such as NHIF, NSSF, and other employee welfare programmes;
- Developing and implementing human resource policies and procedures aimed at enhancing workplace relations in order to gain employee commitment and improve morale by ensuring that employees are treated fairly, uniformly and equitably;
- Conferring with relevant professional bodies and government agencies on the interpretation and application of particular human resource management, administration and security services regulations that apply to public sector organisation;
- Providing technical leadership to multi-disciplinary teams to enable them develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans and budgets aimed at improving performance standards and organizational effectiveness;
- Developing and implementing strategies for creating a high performing organizational culture based on transparency, integrity, accountability, performance measurement and results to ensure that programme activities are undertaken on sound management principles and practices;
- Initiating and participating in organizational performance reviews, and business process improvement programmes, as well as undertake special investigations aimed at improving organizational effectiveness;
- Participating in the recruitment and selection of staff in order to ensure that the candidates selected have the required job competencies and are provided with orientation and induction programme necessary for effective job performance;
- Reviewing incidents of violations against organizational policy and regulations as well as handle employee disputes and take appropriate action in line with approved policies, procedures and regulations;
- Conducting training needs assessment, design and implement training programmes aimed at equipping staff with appropriate job Competencies in order to improve the design and delivery of high quality services;
- Planning, monitoring and evaluating the performance of staff against set targets and objectives and implementing development action plans aimed at building the capacity of individuals and multi-disciplinary teams;
- Preparing monthly progress reports showing achievements of the human resources management, Administration and Security services functions against planned targets as well as providing justification for performance variances and also defining areas of improvement;
- Administering the government performance contracting system and assist the Corporation, departments and individuals to achieve their targets;
- Ensuring compliance with labour laws, public, Financial Management Act, and ISO Standards; and
- Reviewing the Human Resource, Administration and Security services business plans in line with the overall strategic objectives and government performance contract.
- A minimum period of twelve (12) years relevant work experience and at least five (5) years’ in a senior management position;
- Bachelors degree in any of the following: Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Masters degree in any of the following: Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Professional qualification and membership in good standing to a relevant professional body/Institution;
- Certificate in leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrated competence in work performance and; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
- Apply for a position through a standard one-page letter, attaching a detailed CV and copies of certificates;
- All applicants MUST complete the BIO DATA Form (Click here to Download) and send the same in EXCEL to the Chief Executive Officer on email@example.com. Kindly note that PDF and SCANNED bio data will be rejected.
- Candidates must submit Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Corporation, Clearance Certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Higher Education Loans Board; and a VALID Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit HARD COPIES of their applications together with their updated Curriculum Vitae, CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional certificates on or before the closing dates.
- Qualified persons including physically challenged, youth and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Corporation,
Kawi House, Block C/South C-Bellevue,
P.O Box 34585-00100,
So as to reach on/or before 22nd December, 2020.