Hub Managers Job, Finance Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Position: Hub Managers
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract Full Time
Location : Nairobi.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) was launched in 2012. It has been a World Bank’s infoDev initiative and is among a global network of Climate Innovation Centers launched by infoDev’s Climate Technology Program (CTP). From 2016 to 2020, KCIC has been scaling up and admitting more clients.
KCIC has transitioned towards providing more inclusive and sustainable services since its inception and has been instrumental in impacting the climate change sector positively. SMEs and MSMEs have benefitted from KCICs technical and financial support which has resulted in the development of innovative solutions to address the negative impacts of climate change.
KCIC is implementing the Agribiz program that seeks to be a catalyst and enabler towards greater involvement of women and youth in agricultural and livestock value chains. The primary focus of the program will be to provide a range of services needed for 2,400 women and youth owned early stage agribusiness enterprises as well as Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). The program will do this through establishment of 8 Business Incubation Hubs (BIHs) across 8 Counties in the Republic of Kenya. Through the BIHs, the program will deliver 4 services which shall constitute the core activities of the program and these will comprise; (i), access to services and facilities; (ii), access to finance; (iii), business advisory and technical assistance, and (iv), access to information. Other general activities that will be carried out within the program will constitute awareness creation and the pursuit of an enabling environment for greater involvement of women and youth in agribusiness.
The focus counties are:
- Uasin Gishu
KCIC is recruiting for the positions of Hub Managers for the selected counties to help us grow and curate the most diverse and supportive community in the agribusiness ecosystem; use your business acumen to create impactful partnerships and opportunities with various organisations and stakeholders in the counties; and create awareness of KCIC, youth and women in agribusiness.
- Creating, implementing, and evaluating the Hub’s business and workplan:
- Implementing program performance plans, strategies, and any other operational activity.
- Training, mentoring and supervising Hub staff in order to ensure the overall efficiency of daily operations:
- Assigning, overseeing, and monitoring administrative and financial tasks;
- Keeping up-to-date on Agribiz policies, procedures, and protocols, and ensuring that employees are too;
- Developing and implementing client service procedures;
- Ensuring that program goals and deadlines are met and that projects are led in compliance with the KCIC’s policies and procedures; and
- Liaising with the Main Hub- head office to ensure the smooth management of operations and the achievement of overall program
- Monitoring the financial transactions executed and the office activity performed at the Hub:
- Auditing financial transactions and any other action executed by employees;
o preparing quarterly program reports and other administrative reports;
o overseeing the completion of thorough reports and analyses on the Hub operations carried out in the Hub; and
o analyzing office activity and employee performance, identifying trends, and making appropriate recommendations and adjustments to current work methods and systems.
- Grow and curate the Business Incubation Hub – you will be working with Business Analysts to grow, manage incoming applications/leads and ensure prospective clients that represent a good fit for the Agribiz
- Grow engagement with stakeholders in the agribusiness ecosystem – you will represent Hub externally, raising awareness of our brand and creating opportunities for meaningful engagement with key stakeholders within the wider ecosystem
- Overseeing office equipment maintenance, monitoring, calibration, and repair, as well as replacement of supplies, when
- Building and maintaining strategic ties with the community, as well as networking with existing and potential clients in order to establish long-term, trustworthy
- Ensuring Hub employees handle clients’ services in an accurate, unbiased, and professional way, following high ethical
- Ensuring that employees comply with KCIC internal
- Providing guidance and consultation to employees in order to guarantee client satisfaction.
- Monitoring budgets and ensuring targets are met, motivating staff to achieve
- Meeting with clients to solve issues or complaints and monitoring their
- Keeping detailed records and reporting Hub operations and activities, including employee
- Organised and a proactive problem solver – great at managing your time and workload to ensure everything gets done, and skilled at balancing multiple
- Ideally a familiarity with the Agribusiness value chain and agriprenuers – experience working with different stakeholders is a big part of this role. We’d ideally like you to have experience working in the entrepreneurship
- Comfortable working autonomously and within a team – Lean team, so being able to balance independence with collaboration is really
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Financial experience in credit analysis, Business development and Client Relationship management;
- Strong administrative and/or project management experience;
- Well organised with good attention to detail;
- Ability to work flexibly and pick up processes quickly;
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Confident at decision making, within agreed boundaries;
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related course – CPAK, CFA qualification;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with at least 2 years in Management;
- Experience in supporting Agribusinesses is an added advantage;
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their up to date CV with their contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email address should be the subject of the position being applied for.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 30th October 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer