Resettlement Intake Coordinator Job, Latest Legal Jobs in Kenya June 2021,
HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya (HRTK) – Kenya Office
Reporting to: Resettlement Officer
Terms of Engagement: Temporary
Duration: 4 months
HIAS seeks to recruit a Resettlement Intake Counsellor; the incumbent will be expected to contribute towards meeting the departmental goals, aimed at promoting resettlement as a durable solution for the most at-risk refugee populations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare individual comprehensive physical case files for clients, complete intake forms and ensure proper filing of individual case files for resettlement consideration
- Reporting to the Resettlement officer on the progress of set indicators on a bi-weekly basis
- Conduct individual counseling to clients on the HIAS internal resettlement process and HIAS anti-fraud policy
- Attend case counseling sessions for individual clients with the aim of providing clients with timely and accurate feedback on the status of their cases
- Facilitate and participate in training on resettlement and anti-fraud, including but not limited to preparing training materials and conducting research
- Prepare Resettlement Referral Forms and send to the Resettlement Officer for review
- Conduct follow up for cases referred to external referral partners and provide timely updates on the status of the follow-ups
- Drafting court documents
- Preparation of project reports
- Fill in the various resettlement forms
- Maintain a database and an individual case management strategy for cases under resettlement consideration
- Assist in the development of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials on anti-fraud and resettlement case processing
- Perform other duties as and when required
- University Degree in Law, (Those in the final year of study are also eligible) or a degree in Social sciences, International relations, and/or other related fields of study.
Skills & Competencies
- Proficiency in English and Swahili
- Computer literacy a must – knowledge of MS Office required;
- Strong advocacy, research, capacity building, legal drafting, and report writing skills;
- Strong coordination, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Deadline for Receiving Applications: 18th June 2021.
How To Apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Late applications will not be considered.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment, and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] On the subject line kindly, indicate the Vacancy Number HRTK/R-IC /06/2021.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.