HR Officer Jobs at Proemm Consult
Job Location: Nairobi
Salary: KES 50,000 – 70,000 gross plus benefits
Our client is a manufacturer of corrugated box packaging materials; mainly self-adhesive labels and flexible packaging. The company has recently opened a new unit which will increase the staff capacity to 300 employees. They seek to hire a HR Officer to assist with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
HR Officer Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting the HR Manager with reviewing and developing relevant HR Manuals, policies, HR documentation and work plans.
- Advising management and staff on a wide range of HR related matters especially on Policies and Procedures and employee’s code of conduct.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
- Process and review employment applications in order to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants.
- Schedule and coordinate candidate interviews and also Interview job applicants to obtain and verify information used to screen and evaluate them.
- Coordinating and administering training and development programmes and liaising with external training bodies as required.
- Administration and co-ordination of internal training programmes
- Assist the management in performance management processes
- Support the management on disciplinary and grievance issues and assist with preparations for disciplinary and grievance hearings.
- Maintain employee records (attendance, contracts, personnel files) according to policy and legal requirements
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Handling of disciplinary investigations, hearings, appeals and grievances and escalations to HR Manager for decision making.
- Lead and manage various HR projects as directed by the Human Resources Manager and in line with HR objectives.
- Support and co-ordinate manpower planning in line with company expansion.
- Managing absenteeism through absence management policy for both short and long term absence in line with HR objectives.
- Creation and delivery of HR related on boarding and induction programmes.
- Assisting with employee relations; employee communications, facilitation and participation
Qualifications for the HR Officer Job
- BSc/BA in human resources, social studies or relevant field; higher diploma in HR will be an advantage.
- Proven working experience for at least 2 years HR officer, administrator or other HR position
- Knowledge of HR functions (specially trade union and CBA negotiations)Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
How to Apply
If you meet and/or possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your cover letter and CV only quoting the respective job title (Manufacturing HR Officer) on the email subject to [email protected] to be received not later than 23rd June 2017.
Kindly indicate current and expected gross salary on your cover letter.
Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.