Human Resource Officer Job, HR Jobs 2020,
Position: Human Resource Officer
Glacier Products Ltd is a private company specializing in Ice creams,food related products and chocolate confectionery manufacture operating from Nairobi, Kenya and serving the entire East Africa region. To support the implementation of our business strategy we are looking for a qualified and experienced individual to join our dynamic team in the position of a Human Resource Officer.
Ensure support services are offered to all business units in the organization in collaboration with Line Managers and Supervisors by planning and executing HR activities so as to maintain effective and efficient services delivery.
- Coordinating staff employment contract renewal / extension process with an aim of making sure all staff have valid contracts at any one time
- Administration of staff benefits by ensuring enrollment, amendment and withdrawal procedures have been adhered to.
- Timely and accurate payroll preparation, reporting and maintaining of related documents and records
- Supporting Performance management function by ensuring that staff have accurate and up to date JD’s, performance planning and review has been done and that effective performance improvement programs have been initiated and closely followed to completion where needed.
- Monitor staff time, attendance and absence as well as ensuring adherence to staff leave schedule.
- Training and developmentmanagement including carrying out training need analysis and identifying development opportunities, sourcing for training facilitators, coordinating the NITA training approval process and coordinating actual training sessions
- Staff recruitment and onboarding processes as well as ensuring all employment contracts and staff transfers, promotion and redeployment letters are done and signed.
- Organizing and coordinating staff events
- Shall be a member of the Health and Safety Committee and will be responsible for ensuring coordination of staff health and safety requirements and adherence to set guidelines. This shall include management process of PPE, staff uniform and other tools of work.
- Managing staff welfare issues following laid down guidelines
- HR communication and reporting
- Managing disciplinary procedures and handling staff grievances
- To take a proactive approach to HR compliance, legislation and risk management, ensuring risks and issues are identified, addressed and reported and, where appropriate, escalated.
- To support the senior leadership team in salary review process and implementation of the organization’s pay and reward strategy
- Managing staff separation process
- Offer guidance to employees on interpretation of acceptable company policies, procedures and employment law
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management
- A higher diploma in HR or its equivalent will be an added advantage
- Exposure in handling performance management and employee relations issues
- Well conversant with the employment act and other labour laws
- At least two years of relevant experience
- Must be a registered member with IHRM
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications and detailed CV indicating current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23rd November, 2020. Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis.