HR Manager Jobs, HR Jobs, Samasource Jobs
Samasource is a social enterprise that provides dignified, internet-based work to people living in poverty. We build technology that helps leverage the brain power of the poor so they can lift themselves out of poverty by providing valuable services to companies around the world. We are a dynamic and growing team with a big vision–to reduce worldwide poverty and its effects through technology. We need the best people to help us achieve it. We like to move fast and get things done.
If you join us, you’ll be able to make an immediate impact, connect with some of the brightest people in the fields of social enterprise, impact sourcing, and tech. Samasource is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including eBay, Google, Cisco, and the Rockefeller and Ford Foundations.
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the HR Manager shall ensure the execution of HR policies/procedures, co-ordinate talent management and development, and handle the day to day operations of the HR department.
- Working closely with the Head of HR to execute a recruitment process that attracts high caliber employees while adapting to the fluid capacity requirements of the organization.
- Partnering with departmental heads to facilitate career development through external and in-house training programmes tailored to enhance career development
- Managing the performance improvement process with an aim of ensuring its success
- Ensuring organizational compliance of all HR policies and procedures and ensuring that the policies remain relevant and where necessary propose changes and/ or improvements
- Overseeing staff welfare programmes and implementing programmes to increase staff engagement including administering occupational health, staff safety, and wellness programmes
- Working closely with the finance department to process the organization’s payroll, ensuring all payroll reporting is done in a timely manner
- Representing the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations
- Ensuring effective implementation of the disciplinary and grievance procedures, as applicable
- Maintaining HR and labor law knowledge by tracking changes in Kenyan law and participating in forums that support knowledge transfer of best practices
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or
- Bachelor’s degree with a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in Human Resources with at least 1 year in an Assistant Manager or equivalent role.
- Experience with assessing talent management, executing performance management systems, and executing staff development plans.
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite applications
- The candidate should be a registered member of IHRM.
- Have the ability to analyze the organization and individual needs and develop plans to meet them.
- Possess a strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative.
- Be experienced in assessing talent management, executing performance management systems, and executing staff development plans.
- Possess hands-on experience in payroll operations
- Demonstrate the ability to coach, mentor, and support direct reports and employees
- Have the ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to build and maintain a positive work environment.
- Possess excellent written, verbal communication, interpersonal skills; high-quality document and report preparation.
- Have the ability to prioritize tasks and to organize workload to assure that short timelines are met while having frequent interruptions.
- Be at ease in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Have a strong grasp of Kenyan labor and employment laws.
- Experience working in BPO operations and exposure working with people from disadvantaged backgrounds is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified? Go to Samasource career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.