HR Manager Job at Wisen HR
Our client, a Kenya-based social enterprise that combines business and clinical innovations to create a fully self-sustaining and scalable chain of maternity clinics is looking for a Human Resource Manager to help them manage their workforce.
Location: Kahawa West, Nairobi.
Under minimal supervision is responsible for coordinating, and performing a variety of technical, administrative and supervisory duties related to personnel operations, employment, employee relations, employee benefits and educational service functions.
HR Manager Job Responsibilities
- Advises administrative team on developing regulatory requirements and evaluation on implication of such regulations in a Hospital operation.
- Manages the employment policies of the hospital to assure compliance of all labor regulations. Provides counsel to management team on hospital policies and practices regarding employment issues.
- Manages the hospital benefit plans, including medical insurance, life insurance, pension, workers’ compensation, paid time off and leave policies, and makes policy recommendations designed to meet organizational objectives
- Prepares reports, and communication activities including newsletters, booklets, and brochures intended to educate staff regarding personnel policies and features of benefit programs
- Completes and files applicable for labor regulation, NSSF, NHIF and reports on employment and benefit plans
- Facilitates the employment process and acquisition of personnel. Directs the organizations recruitment and retention efforts. Develops strategy for recruitment of new employees.
- Processes pertinent employee documents and files including personnel action forms, employment requisitions, leaves of absence and termination notices.
- Provides information to employees regarding interpretation and explanation of hospital regulations, labor contracts, and personnel policies and procedures
- Develops and administers a job evaluation program to include continuous review of existing and new positions for appropriate classification
- Provides administrative direction for the development and delivery of education and training programs
- Conducts the monthly General Hospital Orientation program
- Evaluates and recommends systems that would increase the operating efficiency of the education, personnel and benefit functions of the hospital
- Plans and develops personnel programs to include the activities of labor relations, employment, wage and hour benefits and compensation
- Investigates causes of disputes and grievances and recommends correction action
- Hires, orients and evaluates personnel in assigned area
- Ensures that all Accreditation and Licensing Regulations are compiled with and enforced
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships among hospital departments and employee
- Responsible for the preparation and compliance of the annual (HR) budget
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Competencies for the HR Manager Job
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Healthcare Business or Personnel Administration or related field, required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Management experience in personnel administration and labor relation
- Previous health care management experience, preferred
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of legal and operational aspects of personnel administration and labor relations
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of information systems and personal computers
- Employee must demonstrate competency computer skills (Word, Excel, PPT etc.)
How to Apply
Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 30th May 2017
Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.